Sun rises first in the eastern countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"The people in the western countries sleep when we wake up. Its a whole opposite situation or system from here. Its different condition there because when its night here in eastern countries, its day in western countries. Sun rises first in the eastern counteries."

Please check.

Boris Tatarenko

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
It sounds like you're saying the same thing over and over again. I'd like to draw your attention to the following moments: I don't like "a whole opposite". You'd better use "the exact opposite". You can simply say: The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. What's more important is that we normally write "the Sun" when we speak about our Sun, do you understand?

I'm not a native speaker nor a teacher. If I'm wrong, I'll never ever again write posts like this one.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Remember to include the apostrophe when it's is the contraction of it is.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
What's more important is that we normally write "the Sun" when we speak about our Sun.
Whether or not to capitalise 'the sun' is not as simple as that, but don't let that stop you writing answers.

• [*=left]
    [*=left]capitalization
    [*=left]
    [*=left]Names of celestial bodies: Mars, Saturn, the Milky Way. Do not, however, capitalize earth, moon, sun, except when those names appear in a context in which other (capitalized) celestial bodies are mentioned. "I like it here on earth," but "It is further from Earth to Mars than it is fromMercury to the Sun.
(Grammar.commnet.edu)

Last edited:

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Could you please check my parahgraph and tell me what are the mistakes and suggest me the better way to write it?

Roman55

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
France
"The people in the western countries sleep when we wake up. Its a whole opposite situation or system from here. Its different condition there because when its night here in eastern countries, its day in western countries. Sun rises first in the eastern counteries."

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west because the earth rotates on its axis. It doesn't matter where the country is; there is always an east and a west relative to it (apart from at the poles). The 'system' is the same everywhere.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What's more important is that we normally write "the Sun" when we speak about our Sun, do you understand?
Your signature says 'correct all my mistakes', and I consider the above a comma splice, a sentence error.

Status
Not open for further replies.