When I wasn't aware that I had a disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"When I wasn't aware that I had T.B. I used go to my office regularly although I didn't feel good. I was loosing a lot of weight. I had chilles in the nights I would shiver in the summer season. I used to have fever in the night and in the morning I would not have fever. I stopped feeling hungry although I am fond of eating food and I eat a lot but in those days I didn't feel hungry at all. Those days I had a continuous pain in my lower back but there was another form of pain that emerged once or twice every day and that was unbearable. My left leg stopped working. I couldn't even bend over or put my shoes. My mom used to help me put my shoes on and I coughed a lot. I also threw up blood with mucus those days.

Please check.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please put your paragraphs and longer passages for editing in this forum rather than Ask a Teacher.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
When I wasn't aware that I had T.B., I used to go to my office (work?) regularly although I didn't feel [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] well. I was[STRIKE] loosing [/STRIKE] losing a lot of weight. I had chill[STRIKE]e[/STRIKE]s [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] at night[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]and I would shiver in the summer season. I used to have fever[STRIKE] in the[/STRIKE] at night[STRIKE] and[/STRIKE] but not in the morning [STRIKE]I would not have fever[/STRIKE]. I stopped feeling hungry although I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] was fond of eating [STRIKE]food[/STRIKE] and I [STRIKE]eat [/STRIKE] ate a lot but in those days I didn't feel hungry at all. Those days, I had a continuous pain in my lower back but there was another form of pain that [STRIKE]emerged[/STRIKE] occurred once or twice every day and that was unbearable. My left leg stopped working. I couldn't even bend over or put my shoes. My mom used to help me put my shoes on and I coughed a lot. I also threw up (coughed out?) blood with mucus those days.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The phrase we use is "to cough up blood".

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I stopped feeling hungry although I am fond of eating food and I eat a lot but in those days I didn't feel hungry at all.
Can you see why a sentence like that one above can easily confuse readers? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.