Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I found three keys for success in life from my own experience. I failed in many areas of life because I had not known those keys. The keys to success are not limited by just three and I believe there are many more to explore.

I passed my graduation with low marks and so I didn't get a good job. I decided to support myself with a teacher job which I like the most. I went to a place near India-China border and I worked as a high school teacher. I taught Maths and Science. My students are oriental people but they liked me and their love touched me a lot. I found out that my students are very weak in Maths and good in English while I am good in Maths and very poor in English. The School Principal and parents had encouraged me to punish the students but I didn't punish them lest they might lose interest in the subject. Since I didn't punish them they liked me a lot. I often encourage my students to work hard in maths. When giving repeated advice to my students I found my first key for success. The key to success is hard work or diligence. After finding this key I decided to study ACCA which is a Britain examination that creates professional accountants.

I went back to my home and I started to study ACCA. Some relatives told me that this examination is for brilliant students. They were indirectly telling me that ACCA is not for me because I am just an average student. They say that because of my past. I have a key with me and so I was confident to face this exam. I worked hard and I passed Foundational papers in my first attempt. Some family friends told my parents that I won't pass final papers.It is very normal in my society to speak such negative words. In my opinion, such negative words are cruel and so I never do it. ACCA has two level. First is foundational level and then the Final papers. Foundational exams prepare us for facing the final level. I chose one of the final paper and worked hard but this subject was very boring for me and I was not really interested in studying it. I wrote the exam and I failed. I felt miserable and lost. I worked so hard yet I failed and a fear ruled my heart. I quit ACCA but after one year Jesus, my lord, asked me to write it again. So, I decided to face it again. When I was studying it some doubts arose in my mind and I started to refer extra materials from the Internet to clear my doubts. As I was clearing my doubts I found this subject very interesting and I really worked hard with pleasure. I wrote the exam and I passed. I rejoiced and I even celebrated that day. I found my second key. Delight is the second key. A person should like the work that he does and only then he will delight in it thus produce a positive result.

I was thinking one day why some people are so lazy and why some people never rise above a particular level. I thought a lot about it. I found the key reason. Such people don't have a vision or dream. They just think of survival and they are satisfied with the level they reached. Thus I explored my third key and it is dream. A person with a dream will put efforts to reach there and he will find the work delightful even if the work is tough on him .Once he find delight, it would make him work hard. Bible says 'My people perish for lack of vision'. People who don't carry a dream or vision are the laziest people. They would not rise above a level in their skill. After preparing for ACCA I found that my skills have improved considerably.

With these three keys, I can conquer the English language which was my nightmare. I am so confident that I can improve my English and can be successful. Dream, delight, diligence are three keys that I found. I found another theory. Instead of telling a person to work hard I should give him a dream. Once he has a burning desire for achieving that dream he would find delight in the work and then be diligent in the work. I would say 'Dream' is the root key and then come other keys.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Why have you posted this twice? You could have just edited your first post, couldn't you?

rock-onn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Okay, next time I will do it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is post #2 the version you want us to look at?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I found three keys [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to success in life from my own experience. I failed in many areas of life because I had not known those keys. The keys to success are not limited [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] to just three, and I believe there are many more to explore.

After I [STRIKE]passed my graduation[/STRIKE] graduated with low marks, [STRIKE]and so[/STRIKE] I didn't get a good job, so I decided to support myself with a teaching [STRIKE]er[/STRIKE] job which I really liked. [STRIKE]the most.[/STRIKE] I went to a place near the India-China border [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] where I worked as a high-school teacher. I taught maths and science. My students [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were oriental people, [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] and their affection for me [STRIKE]y liked me and their love[/STRIKE] really touched me. [STRIKE]a lot.[/STRIKE] I found out that my students [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were very weak in maths [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] but good in English. [STRIKE]while[/STRIKE] I am good in maths and very poor in English. The school principal and the students' parents had encouraged me to punish the students when necessary, but I didn't punish them lest they might lose interest in their studies. [STRIKE]subject.Since I didn't punish them[/STRIKE] As a result, they liked me a lot. I often encouraged my students to work hard in maths. When giving repeated advice to my students, I found my first key [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to success - [STRIKE]. The key to success is[/STRIKE] hard work or diligence. Afterwards, [STRIKE]finding this key[/STRIKE] I decided to study for my ACCA which is a British [STRIKE]ain examination that creates[/STRIKE] qualification for professional accountants.

I went back to my hometown and started to study for the ACCA. Some relatives told me that this examination is for brilliant students. They were indirectly telling me that the ACCA is not for me because I am just an average student. They said that because of my past. However, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had my first key to success with me, and so I was confident to face this exam. I worked hard and I passed the Foundational level [STRIKE]papers[/STRIKE] in my first attempt. Some family friends told my parents that I [STRIKE]won't[/STRIKE] wouldn't pass the final stage. [STRIKE]papers.[/STRIKE] It is very normal in my society to speak such negative words. In my opinion, such negative words are cruel, and so I never say them to anyone. [STRIKE]do it.[/STRIKE] The ACCA has two levels. The first is the Foundational level and then the Final level. [STRIKE]papers.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Foundational[/STRIKE] The exams for the Foundational level prepare [STRIKE]us[/STRIKE] students for [STRIKE]facing [/STRIKE]the final level. I chose one of the final papers and worked hard, but [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] that subject was very boring for me, and I was not really interested in studying it. I [STRIKE]wrote[/STRIKE] sat for the exam [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] but I failed. I felt miserable and lost. I worked so hard, yet I failed and a fear ruled my heart. I quit trying for the ACCA, but after one year, Jesus, my lord, asked me to [STRIKE]write[/STRIKE] try [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] again. So, I decided to face it again. When I was studying for it, some doubts arose in my mind, and I started to refer to extra materials from the Internet to clear my doubts. As I was [STRIKE]clearing my doubts[/STRIKE] doing that, I found this subject very interesting and I really worked hard and enjoyed it. [STRIKE]with pleasure.[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]wrote[/STRIKE] sat for the exam and I passed. I rejoiced and I even celebrated that day. I found my second key. Delight is the second key. A person should like the work that he/she does and only then [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] will he/she delight in it, thus producing a positive result.

I was thinking one day why some people are so lazy and why some people never rise above a particular level. I thought a lot about it. I found the key reason. Such people don't have a vision or a dream. They just think of survival and they are satisfied with the level they've reached. Thus, I'd discovered [STRIKE]explored[/STRIKE] my third key to success - [STRIKE]and it is[/STRIKE] having a vision and a dream. A person with a dream will put efforts to reach [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] his/her goal, and he/she will find the work delightful even if the work is tough. [STRIKE]on him .[/STRIKE] Once he/she finds delight, it [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] will make him/her work hard. The Bible says "My people perish for lack of vision." People who don't carry a dream or a vision are the laziest people. They would not rise above a certain level in their skill. [STRIKE]After[/STRIKE] As a result of preparing for the ACCA, I found that my skills have improved considerably.

With these three keys, I can conquer the English language which was my nightmare. I am so confident that I can improve my English. [STRIKE]and can be successful.[/STRIKE] Dreams, delight, and diligence are the three keys that I found. I also learned that [STRIKE]found another theory. I[/STRIKE] instead of telling a person to work hard, I should give him/her a dream. Once [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] that person has a burning desire for achieving that dream, [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] they will [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] find delight in their work and then be diligent in it. [STRIKE]the work.[/STRIKE] I would say 'Dream' is the root key [STRIKE]and then[/STRIKE] from which come the others. [STRIKE]keys.[/STRIKE]

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, the post #2 version.

I read the link below.

https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/27210-Posting-in-Editing-and-Writing-Topics

It says "When making changes, please make a new post. Please do not change things in the original". This is the reason I didn't edit my first post. :)

Three things.

Please remember to capitalize proper nouns and only proper nouns.

It's a worthwhile essay. Worth reading!

If nobody has responded to your thread yet, you may ignore that advice.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

I graduated with low marks, and I didn't get a good job....

rock-onn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I made mistakes by not applying the correct tense though I have learned it yet I fail to apply it. I could have used pronouns. The vocabulary strength is too low. And I chose wrong words, conjunctions.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, I don't think Teechar missesd much. I suggest that you take note of the corrections, and do your best not to make any of the same mistakes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.