Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. rock-onn's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jul 2016
    • Posts: 247
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    School education should be free

    School education should be free

    A child should get education so as to increase the knowledge that develops social awareness, better decision making skills, competency in work thus making a better citizen. Today, most of the jobs require candidates who are qualified through education.

    Every society in the world has citizens of different economic sector. Those who are from poor economic background may not be able to support education for their children and so they sent them for labour to support their lives. Today, governments globally have accepted the fact that child labour is wrong and it is the right of children to get educated. To solve these issues, government should provide free education thus supporting poor families and preventing the child labour.

    In my opinion, the government firms are not efficient as the private firms. The private firms usually compete each other and focus on delivering highest quality possible to sustain their business in their competitive world. For these reasons, private firms deliver much better quality in their service than a government firm who are usually protected from the competition. Therefore, when we aim for best quality education in our society it is required that education should be privatized.

    The government should provide free education to support poor families and meanwhile they should allow private firms to run educational institutions. The rich families who desire for high quality education can send their children to private firms. The government firms when compete with the private firms would result in delivering high quality in delivering their service.
    Last edited by rock-onn; 20-Sep-2016 at 11:26.

  2. rock-onn's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jul 2016
    • Posts: 247
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: School education should be free

    This essay is similar to task 2 writing in IELTS. I started to prepare for IELTS and thanks for your support.

  3. teechar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 3,781
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: School education should be free

    Hi rock-onn,
    You should read up on how to structure an essay.

    Here's some useful info:

    Essays are highly structured formal texts, and that is what the teacher/examiner expects from you. Structure is very important! Always plan out your essays before you start writing them.

    In the introduction, you need:
    - A general statement: This introduces the topic/issue to the reader.
    - Background: 1 or 2 sentences to explain more about the issue.
    - Your thesis/purpose statement: states your position regarding the essay question.

    Then you need some general-to-specific body paragraphs, in which you persuade the reader to agree with your
    position.

    Each paragraph should deal with only one point/idea!
    In each body paragraph you need:
    - A topic sentence: This introduces the point you want to explain in the paragraph. It must relate to the essay topic too.
    - Supporting sentences: These elaborate on and explain the point.
    - Example sentences: These give specific examples to prove the point.

    Finally, there's the conclusion.
    - First sentence: This restates your position, and typically starts with "In conclusion,"
    - One or two sentences summarizing the findings from your body paragraphs.

  4. rock-onn's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jul 2016
    • Posts: 247
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: School education should be free

    I have read on tips to write an essay from 2 or 3 sources but nobody gave insights like you. Thanks a lot for valuable tips. Essay writing is not that easy. I will work on it.

  5. teechar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 3,781
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: School education should be free

    Quote Originally Posted by rock-onn View Post
    I have read on tips to write an essay from 2 or 3 sources but nobody gave insights like you. Thanks a lot for valuable tips.
    You're welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock-onn View Post
    Essay writing is not that easy.
    My suggestions above may make essay writing seem more formidable than it actually is! I really think that such guidelines make the task at hand much easier because, with those guidelines, at least you know what you need to write!

    Quote Originally Posted by rock-onn View Post
    I will work on it.
    That's great. I look forward to seeing your improved essays.

  6. rock-onn's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jul 2016
    • Posts: 247
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: School education should be free

    School education should be made free

    Everyone would agree with me that school education is important for children to become a better citizen. Nowadays, to get a job education is mandatory and therefore it is the duty of government to make school education free. In this essay, I shall discuss on advantages and disadvantages of making school education free for its citizen by government.

    In modern societies, the expenses to make daily life are becoming more expensive as the dependencies on science and technology is becoming a normal routine life. On the other hand, government levies high income taxes and other taxes on individuals making it worse. When government make school education completely free is a boon for majority of people who have moderate income. In Bangalore city, school fee on one child in private child is around 10 k to 20 k per month and average income of majority families is around 20 k per month. Therefore, majority families send their children to public schools.

    The families from extremely poor family background especially in developing and under-developed nations sent their children for labor to support themselves. In modern societies, child labor is considered highly unethical and argues that it is the right of children to get educated. Government can prevent child labor and support child education through free school education. In my state, government give small salary to extreme poor families for sending their children to school besides free education with an aim to check child labor.

    Making school education completely free may be impossible task for developing and under-developing nations since they don't have enough income to support such system. For example, imagine Indian government decides to support all private school teachers by giving salary to achieve free school education. It would cost trillions of US dollars to meet the expense to maintain such a program and hence it would not be a viable idea for Indian government. To meet such high expense the alternative is to increase tax which would have adverse effect on economy. Normally, governments have other mandatory expense like defense expense to meet. Government should allow private schools to run to meet the demands of the society.

    The families from rich community demand high quality education for their children. Generally, private firms provide better quality of service or product than government firms. This is because the private firms are in competition and are compelled to excel in the quality in delivering their output and hence they do their best to sustain their business in their competitive world. If government force all private schools to shut down and make school education completely free through public schools then such system may not meet the demand of rich communities. Consequently, such families might migrate to better nations resulting in unfavorable economic conditions.

    In my opinion, it is impossible for some nations to achieve complete free school education but public schools who offer free education is a big blessing to poor families. It is always better to allow private schools who deliver high quality education. Government spend huge amount to support public schools which help to prevent child labor.
    Last edited by rock-onn; 21-Sep-2016 at 21:35.

  7. teechar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 3,781
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: School education should be free

    Let's look at your essay, one section at a time. I'll start with the introduction.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock-onn View Post
    Everyone would agree with me that school education is important for children to become a better citizen.
    Nowadays, to get a job education is mandatory and therefore it is the duty of government to make school education free.
    Those kinds of statements kill the whole essay right from the start! If everybody agrees, then what's the point of writing this essay? The first sentence in an essay needs to introduce the general topic to the reader; in your case, it's "education." You just need to write a general sentence about that. After that, you elaborate (go slightly deeper and give a little more background information on the topic at hand) with one or two sentences. You then need to introduce the issue (free education) with another sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock-onn View Post
    In this essay, I shall discuss on advantages and disadvantages of making school education free for its citizen by government.
    In your thesis statement (describing the purpose of the essay), you also need to clearly indicate your stance on the issue. In this case, are you with/against free education?
    Fix the introduction and post it again.

  8. rock-onn's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jul 2016
    • Posts: 247
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: School education should be free

    It is important for a child to receive school education that helps themselves to become a better citizen. The school education gives basic education on language, science, mathematics, social science that develops cognitive skills, decision making skills, social awareness, competency in work and in life. Nowadays, every job demand educational qualification that proves their ability and competence. Therefore, school education is so vital for children and it should be the responsibility of the government to make it free. In this essay, I shall discuss on advantages and disadvantages of making school education free for its citizen by the government. The government making a policy of free school education may not be practical for many reasons in many nations.
    <Introduction only>

  9. rock-onn's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jul 2016
    • Posts: 247
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9

    Re: School education should be free

    I happened to read that passive voice should be avoided in an essay if possible and using more prepositional phrase in same sentence makes that sentence cumbersome. What do you say about it? I don't know whether these points are really relevant.

  10. teechar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 3,781
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #10

    Re: School education should be free

    Quote Originally Posted by rock-onn View Post
    It is important for a child to receive school education that to help them selves to become grow up to be a better good citizen. The School education gives provides basic education on in language, science, mathematics, and social science, and that develops children's cognitive skills, decision-making skills, social awareness, and various other competencies. in work and in life. Moreover, nowadays every most jobs demand a certain level of education, and many require specific qualifications in certain fields. that proves their ability and competence. Therefore, school education is so vital for everybody. However, there is some debate about whether education should be free for everyone. children and it should be the responsibility of the government to make it free. In this essay, I shall discuss on advantages and disadvantages of making school education free for its citizen by the government. The government making a policy of free school education may not be practical for many reasons in many nations.
    Note the statement of issue in blue.
    What was the full prompt/question for your essay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Essay] GRE issue essay practice: Should governments offer free college education?
    By vanmtcristo in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-Aug-2015, 04:25
  2. on-level public school education
    By IQU3838 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-Nov-2010, 12:14
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-Sep-2009, 10:25
  4. School subjects - Technology Education?
    By tangelatm in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Apr-2009, 23:08

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •