Freedom, part six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifth paragraph. Say:

The nature around me was comforting, but my mind raced with thoughts. Everything had been happening so fast: the war, my imprisonment in a prison camp, my release, months spent in fear, and then my journey to Sweden.

Say:

One day I had everything I needed: family, friends, a house, and a beautiful orchard. The next day I had only what I could fit in my small canvas bag.

Say:

It belongs geographically and politically to Europe, but I felt I had ended up in a desolate place where I was never going to be happy.

Say:

I wondered if I would ever be able to speak that language fluently and how long it would take to learn its basics.

Seventh paragraph. Perhaps:

I swam underwater and didn't concern myself with where I would end up.

Tarheel,
Regarding your post No 25 I think that teechar's version is better. In your version it means that I was completely immersed in the water, but I wanted to say that I held my head under the surface of the water.

Tarheel,
Regarding your post No 25 I think that teechar's version is better. In your version it means that I was completely immersed in the water, but I wanted to say that I held my head under the surface of the water.

OK. Perhaps:

My head was under the water, and I couldn't see where I was going, but I didn't care.

Tarheel,

It is all right. Thank you again for going through this text. I am really grateful to you and teechar. I hope that these small mistakes I still make will one day disappear when I manage to polish my English. But think what I great job you two have done by correcting all these texts and teaching me your mother tongue.

I think we did a good job on this one.

Bedtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back