Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I'm learning to write, can you correct my biography?
Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! My name is XXX. I was born 25 September 19XX in Bergamo, a city next Milan. We are famous in the world for the Venetian walls, upper city. These are very beautiful and you can see that simply thanks to Ryanair. Yesterday i wanted to subscribe to UsingEnglish.com site, because i'm interested to learn English very well, i can and i want. I always learned to school english but i never had possibility to talk with others and you know if you don't practice and exercise, english bye bye. Now i need to talk it for my job and my personal interesting. I would like to see English films, podcast and read english technical articles on the web. That's all and I hope to learn english finally to my personal satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I'm learning to write. Can you correct my biography?
Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! My name is XXX. I was born 25 September 19XX in Bergamo, a city next Milan. We are famous in the world for the Venetian walls of the upper city. These are very beautiful, and
you can see that simply thanks to Ryanair. Yesterday, I [STRIKE]wanted[/STRIKE] decided to subscribe to UsingEnglish.com [STRIKE]site,[/STRIKE] because I'm interested in [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] learning English very well, and I believe I will succeed in learning it. [STRIKE]i can and i want.[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]always learned to[/STRIKE] studied English at school, [STRIKE]english[/STRIKE] but I never had the opportunity [STRIKE]possibility[/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]talk[/STRIKE] converse in English with others, and you know if you don't practice and do exercises, you're likely to forget what you learn. [STRIKE]english bye bye.[/STRIKE] Now, I need to speak [STRIKE]talk[/STRIKE] it for my job and [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] out of personal interest. [STRIKE]ing.[/STRIKE] I would like to [STRIKE]see[/STRIKE] be able to follow what they say in English films, podcasts and to read English technical articles on the web. That's all, and I hope to learn English, finally, [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for my personal satisfaction.

Hello Gallo87, and welcome to the forum. :)

I don't understand the reason for mentioning Ryanair in your text.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you mean that you can see the Venetian walls for yourself simply by taking a flight to Milan/Bergamo with Ryanair? I'm sure there are other airlines serving the area.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your 'personal biography' is your autobiography.

Gallo87

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
yes, i wanted to say just like that. I think that only Ryanair, perhaps Wizz Air too.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, I wanted to say it just like that. I think that only Ryanair, perhaps Wizz Air too, fly there.

Unless you feel the need to advertise those airlines, just say "They are very beautiful and you can see them for yourself with a cheap flight".

Status
Not open for further replies.