Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to check my writing below. Thank you.

My writing is about funeral customs
when a person passed away all his/her friends and relatives go to deceased`s house to send condolences to heart broken family
In such a situation people wear black cloths,most of the time women dont wear make up and men wear mustache and beard.
Before burial people pray to still and comfort who is passed away.
common eats and drinks in funerals are coffee which serves with some special sweets.
some times in rich families people bring big garlands with themselves and give that to the dead person family.
I think most customs in funeral are the same in different cultures! what do you think?
END

p.s:I know my writing is awful I am not good at it:cry: .my greatest problem in this writing was about the word of -dead person-and its synonyms and usage of them.
again thanks for helping

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to check my writing below. Thank you.

My writing is about funeral customs.

​When a person [STRIKE]passed[/STRIKE] passes away, all his/her friends and relatives go to the deceased`s house to [STRIKE]send[/STRIKE] give/pass their condolences to the heartbroken family.

In such a situation, people wear black clothes. [STRIKE]most of the time[/STRIKE] Usually, women don't wear make up and men [STRIKE]wear[/STRIKE] grow/have a moustache and a beard.

Before the burial, people pray to [STRIKE]still[/STRIKE] calm and comfort the soul/spirit of the person who [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has passed away.

Commonly, [STRIKE]eats and drinks in funerals are[/STRIKE] coffee [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] is [STRIKE]serves[/STRIKE] served, together with some special sweets.

[STRIKE]some times[/STRIKE] Sometimes, in rich families, people bring big garlands [STRIKE]with themselves[/STRIKE] and give [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] them to the dead person's family.

I think most funeral customs [STRIKE]in funeral[/STRIKE] are the same in different cultures! What do you think?
END

[STRIKE]p.s:[/STRIKE]PS - I know my writing is awful. I am not good at it. My greatest problem in this writing was [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] the usage of the words [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] "dead person" and its synonyms. [STRIKE]and usage of them.[/STRIKE]
Again, thanks for helping.

See above.

Your writing is not awful. It's clear what you want to say but there are grammatical and punctuation mistakes. It's important to follow these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Don't put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

"The dead person" and "the deceased [person]" mean the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.