Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Could you please check this essay regarding "describing your neighborhood" topic?

My family and I live in a 90-square-meter/90 square meters, spacious and two-bedroom apartment with a fascinating view of a rose garden (which is ) located/situated in Gheytarieh Street neighborhood, where I grew up, and which is famous for its beautiful and large park with the same name around the neighborhood, where it is only a short walk from our apartment and I often go jogging or walking early in the morning almost everyday. (I meant the park is nearby from our apartment)

It is also knows as one of the safest and most quiet places, because it is populated by good neighbors.

The local residents are really friendly and helpful, and we have developed long-lasting friendships and get on really well together, although some of them sometimes hold noisy parties until late at night and play loud music.
In terms of local amenities, it is great place(neighborhood) because it is really close to a variety of shops, hyper markets, restaurants, and leisure centers. Besides, subway station, taxi ranks, bus stops, drugstores and hospitals are all really convenient from here.

Furthermore, it is only 15-minute by car and 40-minute on foot to get to my work, which makes my commuting more comfortable, pleasant and easier.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Could you please check this essay? [STRIKE]regarding[/STRIKE] The title is "describe your neighborhood". [STRIKE]topic?[/STRIKE]

I live with my family [STRIKE]and I live[/STRIKE] in a 90-square-meter [STRIKE]/90 square meters,[/STRIKE] spacious, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] two-bedroom apartment with a fascinating view of a rose garden [STRIKE](which is ) located/situated[/STRIKE] in the Gheytarieh Street neighborhood, where I grew up, and which is famous for its beautiful and large park with the same name. [STRIKE]around the neighborhood, where it[/STRIKE] The park is only a short walk from our apartment, and I [STRIKE]often[/STRIKE] go jogging or walking there early in the morning almost everyday. [STRIKE](I meant the park is nearby from our apartment)[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]It[/STRIKE] Our neighbourhood is also known as one of the safest and [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] quietest places because the residents are nice people. [STRIKE]it is populated by good neighbors.[/STRIKE]

The local residents are really friendly and helpful, and we have developed long-lasting friendships and get on really well together, although some of them sometimes hold noisy parties until late at night and play loud music.

In terms of local amenities, it is great place to live [STRIKE](neighborhood)[/STRIKE] because it is really close to a variety of shops, hypermarkets, restaurants, and leisure centers. Besides, we have easy access to the subway, [STRIKE]station,[/STRIKE] taxi ranks, bus stops, drugstores and hospitals. [STRIKE]are all really convenient from here.[/STRIKE]

Furthermore, it is only 15 minutes by car and 40 minutes on foot to get to my work, which makes my commuting more comfortable, pleasant and easy. [STRIKE]ier.[/STRIKE]

ambitious-girl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thanks, teechar. You have made great correction, as usual.
I have a question regarding your correction:

Furthermore, it is only 15 minutes by car and 40 minutes on foot to get to my work, which makes my commuting more comfortable, pleasant and easy. ier.
In the sentence above, is the comparative form only applied to "comfortable", or is it applied to both "pleasant" and "easy", too?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It depends. If your commuting was pleasant and easy to start with, then it makes it more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.