Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Today, I have received an email from a management person. She is asking me to provide more information for a case I don't really know (probably handled by other guys). I replied the email below.

Hi xxx,

Sorry that I don't have much information for the case you mentioned below. The case was handled by yyy I believe. I have emailed her manager to collect more information. Will keep you update.

Regards / Bebe.

The email is more like a translation from Chinese. Did I have any grammar mistake? Any comments are welcome. Thanks everyone.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Today, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] received an email from a management [STRIKE]person[/STRIKE] staff. She is asking me to provide more information for a case I don't really know (probably handled by other guys). I replied the email below.

Hi xxx,

I am sorry that I don't have much information for the case you mentioned [STRIKE]below.[/STRIKE] The case was handled by yyy I believe. I have emailed her manager to collect more information. I' ll keep you updated.

Regards / Bebe.

The email is more like a translation from Chinese. [STRIKE]Did[/STRIKE] Have I made any grammar mistake? Any comments are welcome. Thanks everyone.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Aside from the language corrections shown above, I would suggest that instead of contacting yyy's manager to collect more information and offering to keep xxx updated, you say "I have forwarded your email to yyy/yyy's manager as they will need to deal with this from now on".

Status
Not open for further replies.