Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Day 2: An Important Person I Know About

Maybe the most important person I know about is my mother, although I hate to admit that.

She is very strict, religious, and self-opinionated. When I was a child, she did not allow me to go out. It was awful with an active child. Later, when I was a teenager girl, she divided me into my friends. And now, she does not stop doing like that. Though I know, she does love me; she just wants to ensure there is no the danger for her children. But she makes me feel tired! She influents my life, and never takes her responsibilities for her actions. All she does is blaming, accusing everyone.

Recently, I have thought more about a self-made life. I do love my mother, but I cannot live with her under the same roof. That will make me to hate her more and more. I do not want to think about my mother likely that way.

I do not know why I choose writing about her on this topic. She is the scariest person, not the most important person. Maybe the reason is that is my mother? The mother is always the most important person in her children's' life, I guess.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Julie, I have moved this post to its own thread. Please start a new thread for each new day's piece of writing. Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Day 2: An Important Person I Know About
Who gave you that prompt? Do you know the difference between "I know" and "I know about" in that context?

JulieGreen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Julie, I have moved this post to its own thread. Please start a new thread for each new day's piece of writing. Thanks.

Okay, I will do that. Thank you very much :D

JulieGreen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Who gave you that prompt? Do you know the difference between "I know" and "I know about" in that context?

Hi teechar!

Thanks for your question. I found the topics on a website for elementary students. Actually, it is one of them. Although I usually use "I know" and "I know about," I haven't know how to distinguish them. Can you help me to see the difference more clearly?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi teechar!

Thanks for your question. I found the topics on a website for elementary students. Actually, it is one of them. Although I usually use "I know" and "I know about," I haven't LEARNED how to distinguish them. Can you help me to see the difference more clearly?

If you know somebody you have met them and become acquainted with them. If you know about somebody you have only heard about them (through the news, for example).

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First sentence. Say:

She is strict,religious, and opinionated.

Third sentence. Try:

It was awful for the active child was.

I do not know what "divided me into my friends" means.

Status
Not open for further replies.