Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
The Postmaster
Bulan Post Office
Bulan, Paleng CIty

June 4, 2018

Greetings!

This pertains to the document we sent through Philippine Postal Corporation, Ilongo City to Juan in his last known address in Bulan, Paleng City on April 2, 2018. However, on May 3, 2018 said document was returned to this Office by Philippine Postal Corporation, Ilongo City stating that said person was not located since he had already moved out from said address.

In this regard, may we request from your good office to furnish us a certification that said person was not located in that address. Said certification will be attached to his administrative case folder for the implementation of the decision rendered against him.

Hoping for your approval on the matter of mutual interest.

Truly yours,

Pedro

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have to write this letter in such a formal way? If so, I would expect you to have to use Juan's full name and sign it off with your full name. If it doesn't need to be so formal, it could be shortened a lot.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The language of the letter sounds rather formal but the usual "Dear Sir" and the title are missing and the names are not written in full as ems noted. Also the "Greetings" is not the usual way to begin an official letter.

I would write something like this:

I wish to request for a letter to confirm that a document sent to Juan xxx of (address) via Philippine Postal Corporation was returned as he was no longer at the address.

What do you mean by "administrative case folder for the implementation of the decision rendered against him"?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Do you have to write this letter in such a formal way? If so, I would expect you to have to use Juan's full name and sign it off with your full name. If it doesn't need to be so formal, it could be shortened a lot.
Thank you teacher! It is a formal letter, I will use the full name.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Thanks teacher! He has an administrative case and to be able to implement the decision he needs to receive the document first.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The Postmaster
Bulan Post Office
Bulan, Paleng CIty

June 4, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam (or "Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + surname)

[STRIKE]This pertains[/STRIKE] I am writing with regard to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a document we sent, through the Philippine Postal Corporation, Ilongo City, to Juan Surname [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at his last known address in Bulan, Paleng City on April 2, 2018.

[strike]However,[/strike] On May 3, 2018, said document was returned to this office by the Philippine Postal Corporation, Ilongo City, stating that said person [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] could not be/had not been located since he had already moved out from said address.

[STRIKE]In this regard, may we request from your good office to[/STRIKE] Please furnish us with a [STRIKE]certification[/STRIKE] certificate showing that said person [STRIKE]was not located in[/STRIKE] no longer lives at that address. Said certification will be attached to his administrative case folder [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to assist with the implementation of the decision rendered against him.

[STRIKE]Hoping for your approval[/STRIKE] I look forward to hearing from you on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] this matter of mutual interest.

[STRIKE]Truly yours, [/STRIKE] Yours sincerely/faithfully

Pedro Surname

Please note my suggested changes above. I assume that the certificate you are asking for needs to say that Juan has moved away from the address that you have listed for him, rather than simply that he wasn't found at the address.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Please note my suggested changes above. I assume that the certificate you are asking for needs to say that Juan has moved away from the address that you have listed for him, rather than simply that he wasn't found at the address.
Thanks for such great help! I am a beginner in English language but I am trying my best to learn it. Thanks for all your helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.