Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
So there's a YouTuber doing a giveaway and the winner is going to get a phone for around two thousand dollars.
The rules are taking a picture with him, posting it on Instagram and give him a reason why I want it.
I know I don't have to write this in English and I can write it in my native language, but I'm just trying to be different from everyone. So this is what I want to say:

I know the picture isn't mine and I break one of your rules that I had to take a selfie with you.
But the reason why I want to get the phone is because I want to sell it and then donate the money to children who need it than I, even though the front of my phone has broken but at least it's still working fine, so I don't need it.
That's why the picture isn't me and you, but it's you and your child. That means you'll make the children's dreams come true, not my dream.
Thank you.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
So there's a YouTuber doing a giveaway and the winner is going to get a phone for around two thousand dollars.
Do you mean "worth two thousand dollars" instead?

I know the picture isn't mine and I [STRIKE]break[/STRIKE] broke one of your rules [STRIKE]that I had to take[/STRIKE] by not taking a selfie with you.
But the reason [STRIKE]why[/STRIKE] I want to get the phone is because I want to sell it and then donate the money to children who need it more than I do, even though the front of my phone [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] is broken but at least it's still working fine, so I don't need a new phone.[STRIKE]it.[/STRIKE]

That's why the picture isn't of me and you, but it's of you and your child. That means you'll make the children's dreams come true, not my dream.
Thank you.

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Yes, that's what I mean :-D

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How did you take a photo of the YouTuber and his child?

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
I didn't take a photo of them, but I took it from Google.
He's an artist, so it's very easy to find pictures of him.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you check that the photo was free of copyright before you "took it from Google"? If it's not, you haven't just broken the rules of the YouTuber's competition, you've broken the law!

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
I did, because the picture I've posted is one of his pictures on Instagram, so it's like reposted his own picture as his fans did but with a different caption, and also he doesn't mind when people do kind of that thing except making fun of him or his child as he said in one of his videos or on television news.
That's why I wrote: I know the picture isn't mine.

Even if he didn't say something about that, I and people in our country knew that he wouldn't mind if we did that, because he's like a motivator and an inspirator in our country, so we've known his character and how he think.

Status
Not open for further replies.