Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
These are two examples of many emails I wrote on daily basis. I studied English almost 20 years ago at school and I have been using it since then.
I never went to any additional class or received any feedback (positive or negative) from a native speaker, and I’m sure that I can communicate effectively, but I feel that what I learn 20 years ago might be different to what I use nowadays.

Example 1:
“Customer apologizes for this delay, payment is approved and ready to be released, but because of the changes due to our rebranding, internally this has created some difficulties.
They received and email in the past announcing our new name, but they are requesting if there is any document from ZRH stating our name change. Do we have anything that we can share with them?
Finally, we need to fill and sign the attachment.
I greatly appreciate your help, please let me know if you need any further clarification.”

Example 2:
“Dear Mr. XXXX,
Please receive a warm greeting from XXXX.
One of our customers have requested our signature in the attached document (only available in Spanish) to update our register in their system.
Since this is a topic mainly related with compliance, we are contacting you for your assistance.
We kindly ask for your comments, whether you and your team can work with this document in Spanish or should we translate it and send it back to you.
We are looking forward to your response.”

Thanks for your time.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi there, and welcome. :)
According to your profile, your current location is Columbia. If that is not so, please edit your profile and correct the info on that page.

AverageCitizen

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
Hi Teechar!
The location is correct, just one comment here, it's Colombia, not Columbia. :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Well, your digital footprint (IP address) comes back to Georgia, USA. Please tell us if you're using a VPN. We like to know that our users are being honest with us. The IP address matching the stated location is a common way for us to weed out trolls and spammers.

AverageCitizen

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
Yes, I am using my work laptop and yes, this one uses a VPN.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
it's Colombia, not Columbia
It is indeed.

These are two examples of many emails I wrote on daily basis. I studied English almost 20 years ago at school and I have been using it since then.
I never went to any additional class or received any feedback (positive or negative) from a native speaker, and I’m sure that I can communicate effectively, but I feel that what I learned 20 years ago might be different to what I use nowadays.

Example 1:
“Customer apologizes for this delay, payment is approved and ready to be released, but because of the changes due to our rebranding, internally this has created some difficulties.
They received and email in the past announcing our new name, but they are requesting if there is any document from ZRH stating our name change. Do we have anything that we can share with them?
Finally, we need to fill and sign the attachment.
I greatly appreciate your help, please let me know if you need any further clarification.”
I don't understand what you mean in that example. Can you rephrase it please?

Example 2:
Dear Mr. XXXX,
[STRIKE] Please receive a warm greeting from XXXX.[/STRIKE] [That's neither natural nor necessary]
One of our customers [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has requested [STRIKE]our signature in[/STRIKE] that we sign the attached document (only available in Spanish) to update our [STRIKE]register[/STRIKE] profile in their system.
Since this is a [STRIKE]topic mainly related with[/STRIKE] matter of compliance, we are contacting you for your assistance.
[STRIKE] We kindly ask for your comment whether[/STRIKE] Can you and your team [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] work with this document in Spanish, or should we translate it and send it back to you?
We [STRIKE]are looking[/STRIKE] look forward to your reply. [STRIKE]response.”[/STRIKE]

Thanks for your time.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two things