Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hello! I would like to know if it is possible to post an essay to receive comments and corrections. If yes, in which section of the forum can I do that?
Thank you!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, ponyo.

Yes, you can. Post them in this section, but please read the blue warning first.

Forum: Editing & Writing Topics

This forum is for only two things: Your real-life (non-academic) writing needs, or help understanding teachers' comments after you have turned in an essay. We cannot help you review or revise an academic assignment before it is turned in -- your teacher needs to see your work, not ours. Please note that posts cannot be deleted from the writing section. We will not remove texts that have been corrected, so please do not post any personal information in this section, especially in things like letters.

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Welcome to the forum, ponyo.

Yes, you can. Post them in this section, but please read the blue warning first.

Just to be clear: can I post an essay that I wrote in order to practice for my english certification exame? I did not have an english teacher or attended a course.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Just to be clear: can I post an essay that I wrote [STRIKE]in order to practice[/STRIKE] as practice for my English certification exam? I [STRIKE]did[/STRIKE] do not have an English teacher or attend[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] a course.

Yes, you can do that, but please check your writing for typo errors and others, like capitalizing a proper noun, before you post.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Yes, you can, but there are no guarantees that everything will be corrected- we're volunteers.

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
You are absolutly right, sorry for that but I was late for work.
Thank you for your answer too.
Alessandra

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You are absolutely right. Sorry for that but I was late for work.

See above. It's more common to use "Sorry about that ...".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It might be helpful to read some of the essays (and the corrections) that have already been posted. In fact, I hope you do.

:)

There is a lot to look at. Hopefully, you will find it entertaining and educational. (Or the other way around.)
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.