Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
As he is travelling with his family together, he requested us to pay out his annual ticket as per the details below so that he can book the tickets himself and for his family together; otherwise it will be a inconvenience for them because it will be under different PNR if we book the ticket for him. Therefore, please do not book the ticket for him but arrange for the cash out and payment to him accordingly.

Perhaps:

As he is traveling with his family, he asked us to pay for his annual ticket ....

Do they book tickets in India?

As he is travelling with his family [STRIKE]together,[/STRIKE], he requested us to pay [STRIKE]out [/STRIKE]his annual ticket as per the details below so that he can book(reserve?) the tickets himself and for his family [STRIKE]together[/STRIKE]; Otherwise, it will be an inconvenience for them because it will be under different PNR if we book the ticket for him. Therefore, please do not book (reserve?) the ticket for him but arrange for the cash out and payment to him accordingly.

Suggestions.

As he is travelling (together) with his family, [STRIKE]together,[/STRIKE] he has requested [STRIKE]us to[/STRIKE] that we pay [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] him in cash for his annual ticket as per the details below so that he can book the tickets himself. [STRIKE]and for his family together;[/STRIKE] Otherwise, it will be inconvenient for them because it will be under a different PNR if we book the ticket for him. Therefore, please do not book the ticket for him but, arrange for the cash amount to be paid directly [STRIKE]out and payment[/STRIKE] to him. [STRIKE]accordingly.[/STRIKE]

Note that "book" is okay. In AmE, the equivalent is "reserve".

I have an idea. Just buy the ticket(s).

Last edited:
It seems way too complicated to me. If I wanted to buy a ticket for a flight on American Airlines from Charlotte to New York (for example) I would just buy it. No explanation would be necessary. (I'm probably missing something.)

Last edited:
I think the OP is a travel agent or is communicating with one. It is not uncommon for people (at least in the Old World) to reserve a flight before deciding to pay for it. I suppose this is all changing, given the convenience and ease of booking online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back