Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
When I was child, I read a book named The Little Prince. I was jealous of the little prince because he can travel to different planet without equipment. I especially like his planet because he can cook by just placing the bowl on top of the little volcanoes. The writer jotted down the little prince's travel experience in details and really treated him as a friend. I felt sad that the writer lost the little prince, so I copied the last page of the book which depict where the writer met the little prince and I hoped that one day I can help him to find the little prince when I go on safari. But as I grow up, I found the story is probably fabricated. I read a lot of fantasy books in my childhood but this one is the only that I thought the story could be true.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I was jealous of the little prince because he could travel to different planets without equipment.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

What I especially liked was that he could cook his food just by setting a bowl atop a tiny volcano.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

The writer told about the little prince's travel experiences in detail.

abaka

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The writer jotted down the little prince's travel experience in detail and really treated him as a friend. I felt sad when the writer lost the little prince, so I copied the last page of the book, which depicts where the writer met the little prince. I hoped that one day I would go on safari and help him find the little prince. I read many fantasy books in my childhood, but this one is the only one I thought could be true. But as I grew up, I found the story fabricated.

For a really first-rate paragraph, you should add a sentence explaining why you came to think it was fabricated.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The correct word is not fabricated. It is fiction. The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince) is a work of fiction.

Last edited:

abaka

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I don't think there's been any suggestion that The Little Prince is non-fiction. I understood the reviewer to be saying the story seemed true to life in childhood, but became obviously fantastical, i.e. fabricated, later.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I see. When he was a child it made sense to him that a person would be able to travel from one planet to another at will. That makes sense if the person is of an age that he doesn't really know what a planet is.

Last edited:

abaka

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Children, teenagers, and indeed adults often have very little idea of what is physically possible. As the world's political debates prove.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I see. When he was a child it made sense to him that a person would be able to travel from one planet to another at will. That makes if the person is of an age that he doesn't really know what a planet is.
The little prince could be an alien so that he could travel to different planets with birds. That's what I thought when I was a child.
By the way, I don't understand the sentence "That makes if the person is of an age that he doesn't really know what a planet is."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think "That makes" was a mistake in Tarheel's post. Perhaps he meant to write "That makes sense".

Last edited:

abaka

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The little prince could be an alien so that he could travel to different planets with birds.

Perfect. May I suggest adding this thought to the end of your paragraph?

But as I grew up, I found the story fabricated. I no longer believed the alien Little Prince could travel to different planets with birds.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think "That makes" was a mistake in Tarheel's post. Perhaps he meant to write "That makes sense".

Yes! I am testing people to see how goox3 they are at finding the missing words.
;-)

(I have edited that post.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

When I grew up I realized that it's a work of fiction. A human being needs a spaceship to travel from one planet to another, and birds can't do it at all.

(That reminds me of a Sci Fi series-- Stargate.)

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Yes! I am testing people to see how goox3 they are at finding the missing words.
;-)

(I have edited that post.)
What is "goox3"? good?

Status
Not open for further replies.