Describe a book you recently read(IELTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erbab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi,

I am preparing for IELTS and want you to control my answer. If anyone can help me, I will be grateful.

Question: Describe a book you recently read.

Answer: I am going to tell you about a fascinating self-help book which I read nearly two weeks ago. I think that as a person, we need to be emotionally strong to cope with the struggles of life. This book, ''Feeling Good'', is trying to help you change your distorted thoughts about events, and make you feel less depressed. So, by doing some exercises given in the book, you can help yourself be emotionally stronger.

Thank you!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I am preparing for IELTS and [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] would like you to [STRIKE]control[/STRIKE] look at/correct my answer. If anyone can help me, I will be grateful.

Question: Describe a book you recently read. (That's not a question.)

Answer: I am going to tell you about a fascinating self-help book [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] [that] I read nearly two weeks ago. I think that, as [STRIKE]a person[/STRIKE] people, we need to be emotionally strong to cope with the struggles of life. This book, ''Feeling Good'', [STRIKE]is trying[/STRIKE] tries to help [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] us change [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] our distorted thoughts about events, and makes [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] us feel less depressed. So, by doing some exercises given in the book, [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] we can help [STRIKE]yourself[/STRIKE] ourselves be emotionally stronger.

[STRIKE]Thank you![/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you.

Please note my corrections (in red) and comments (in grey) above.

Erbab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thanks for your corrections emsr2d2.

Is there a difference between ''a book that I read'' and ''a book which I read'' ? I think that ''which'' is also grammatically correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.