Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
I've tried to use "strong-arm" in my sentence. Have I made any mistakes?

The people who heckled the prime minister at a party conference were strong-armed and thrown out of the hall, to the cheers of the delegates. As the prime minister stood again at the podium, he waived his hand and said, "Good riddance," which sent the audience in delirium. He smirk was of a man in full control of his party. Even if he said the most stupid thing ever and made all kinds of blunders, people would still believe him and follow him to the end of the world.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

The people who heckled the prime minister at a party conference were strong-armed and thrown out of the hall, to the cheers of the delegates. As the prime minister stood again at the lectern, he waved his hand and said, "Good riddance," which sent the audience in delirium. He smirk was of a man in full control of his party. Even if he said the most stupid thing ever and made all kinds of blunders, people would still believe him and follow him to the end of the world.

It looks OK.

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Not a teacher

The people who heckled the prime minister at a party conference were strong-armed and thrown out of the hall, to the cheers of the delegates. As the prime minister stood again at the lectern, he waved his hand and said, "Good riddance," which sent the audience in delirium. His smirk was of a man in full control of his party. Even if he said the most stupid thing ever and made all kinds of blunders, people would still believe him and follow him to the end of the world.
Added one correction.

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
1. podium is just fine in British English.

2. ... follow him to the ends of the Earth is the expression you're looking for..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.