Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Topic : How to do housework
* How are the responsibilities divided among family members in your household? What tasks do you usually do? Which ones do the others do? Is this system fair, or do you think it should be changed?

I live with my family - my wife and my daughter.
My daughter doesn’t have any responsibility for housework.
My wife and I have divided responsibilities of housework for each.
I usually do kitchen work such as washing the dishes and cooking foods.
My wife is in charge of cleaning up the house and dumping trash.

In Korea, as you know, garbage/trash is divided/separated to general waste, recyclable waste, food waste, etc.
She dumps each waste in the waste separation site/trash disposal area of the apartment complex
For cleaning, we usually clean up the house with a vacuum cleaner and a mob together.
I think our housework system is well divided in perfect balance.
==========================

If I have made any mistakes, please correct them.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Topic : How to do housework
* How are the responsibilities divided among family members in your household? What tasks do you usually do? Which ones do the others do? Is this system fair, or do you think it should be changed?

I live with my family - my wife and my daughter.
My daughter doesn’t have any [STRIKE]responsibility for[/STRIKE] housework responsibilities.
My wife and I have divided those responsibilities between the two of us. [STRIKE]of housework for each.[/STRIKE]
I usually do kitchen work such as washing the dishes and cooking. [STRIKE]foods.[/STRIKE]
My wife is in charge of cleaning [STRIKE]up[/STRIKE] the house and emptying the bins. [STRIKE]dumping trash.[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]
In Korea, as you know, garbage/trash is divided/separated to general waste, recyclable waste, food waste, etc.
She dumps each waste in the waste separation site/trash disposal area of the apartment complex
[/STRIKE] [That's off topic]
For cleaning, [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] my wife and I usually work together to clean [STRIKE]up[/STRIKE] the house with a vacuum cleaner and a mop. ["Mob" means gang][STRIKE]mob together.[/STRIKE]

I think our housework [STRIKE]system is well[/STRIKE] duties are divided fairly between us. [STRIKE]in perfect balance.[/STRIKE]

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea

Can you proofread the off the topic part?
I'm really curious about the terms such as waste separatioon section in the apartment used in the US.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
In Korea, as you know, garbage/trash is divided/separated into general waste, recyclable waste, food waste, etc.
She dumps each one/type [STRIKE]waste[/STRIKE] in the appropriate bin in our [STRIKE]waste separation site/trash disposal area of the[/STRIKE] apartment complex.
Note that "rubbish" and the slightly more formal "waste" are sometimes used instead of "garbage" and "trash", the last two being more common in AmE.
Also, you might come across "organic waste" which is broader than "food waste".

Status
Not open for further replies.