Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Are there any grammar errors in this paragraph?

My priorities now are to focus on my health, personal projects and to spend time with my folks. Therefore, I have decided to quit my job so as to have more personal time. I enclose my resignation letter effective May 16, 2020 and my last day is May 15, 2020. I am grateful to my bosses and Human Resources Department for their support all these years.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Isn't that supposed to be part of a letter your are writing? Is there another resignation letter? Why can't you have everything in the resignation letter?

Your resignation letter is not effective on May 16, 2020. It is your resignation which will be effective on May 16, 2020. You resignation letter should be dated the current date.

ruth666

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I am trying to improve my old letter and give reasons for my resignation. Thank you.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I am trying to improve my old letter and give reasons for my resignation. Thank you.

You have not answered my questions.

ruth666

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Just one letter and I have time to add new points to my old letter.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Just one letter and I have time to add new points to my old letter.

But you said in the letter that you would enclose your resignation letter with it, which I find a bit odd. Anyway, I think an employee is not obliged to give detailed reasons for resigning from a job.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Unless there is some benefit to explaining your decision, don't. A resignation letter should be short and to the point. Your employer/HR department doesn't have time to read more than they need to.

Dear [name of relevant person]

I hereby tender my resignation with immediate effect. My contract requires a notice period of four weeks so my last day of employment will be Monday 18th May 2020.

Yours sincerely

[Your name]

Status
Not open for further replies.