Interested in Language
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hey everyone,
A quick question here - how would you pronounce the word "Mileus" (a startup name)?
I'm aiming to see how native speakers would pronounce it naturally, spontaneously, without thinking about it much.
Thanks a lot! 🤗

I have deleted my original response because I had misread the question. If I came across a startup called Mileus I'd say mill-i-ous while scratching my head.

Last edited:
A quick question here - how would you pronounce the word "Mileus" (a startup name)?
I'm aiming to see how native speakers would pronounce it naturally, spontaneously, without thinking about it much.
If you mean that you're thinking of using Mileus as the name of a startup, I'd advise you to keep looking. As probus's [now-deleted] response suggests, it looks like a typo for milieus. It doesn't look like a natural English word. I've been mentally pronouncing it like "mile us", but that's very unsatisfying because I can't imagine a context where those words would appear together in that order.

Last edited:
I'd want to pronounce it with a short /i/ and with the stress on the second syllable, pronounced as 'lay'.

I'd say "Mile-ee-yuhs".

I have deleted my original response because I had misread the question. If I came across a startup called Mileus I'd say mill-i-ous while scratching my head.

Thank you! :)

I'd go for /maɪliːʌs/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back