[General] The service is bad...(47 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think part of the problem here, for me at least, is that I don't understand the concept at all of having a membership card you use to buy food, or why this particular manager cares whether you top up that card through her or, as you said, through another manager at a different location. Is she on commission?

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi emsr2d2.

Yes. She's on commission. (I thought I said the before, sorry)

Most restaurants, bakeries, etc., have membership card. The membership card works both for saving money and paying for food here. Let's say we usually eat in restaurant A and we add 1000 yuan there, we can get a 200 percent discount. This also applies to a card for a bakery or something similar. When adding money to the card, you need to pay the cash to the manager, she then can get that 1000 from the customer and a part of it becames the commission.

It is still here because lots of members have taken the time and trouble to try and help you. Deleting the thread would mean all that time had been wasted. Other learners might well benefit from the responses. We rarely delete threads that contain useful information. We can close this thread if you want us to.

I appreciate the help of all of you but I remember you once said that if the corrections are correct, you mods would "like" it. I hadn't seen any likes until a few days ago, tree123 liked that. Also, I didn't understand why "which is terrible" is wrong, so I thought the passage corrected by tedmc is not okay for you.

Anyway, I'll pay close attention to avoid circumstances like this in the future.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I don't like the service there, which is horrible.

I didn't say that the sentence is incorrect, just that it is not natural. A native speaker would not say that.

The manager could have been aggressive and tried to hard-sell but it is your right as a customer to say "no". What can they possibly do to you other than, maybe, put on a sour face.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes. She's on commission. (I thought I said the before, sorry)
If you did, I missed it in this increasingly long thread.

Most restaurants, bakeries, etc., have membership card. The membership card works both for saving money and paying for food here. Let's say we usually eat in restaurant A and we add 1000 yuan there, we can get a 200 percent discount. This also applies to a card for a bakery or something similar. When adding money to the card, you need to pay the cash to the manager, she then can get that 1000 from the customer and a part of it becomes the commission.

A 200% discount? Are you sure? Are you saying that if you add 1000 yuan to your card, and then buy something that costs 100 yuan, you not only get that food free, but the restaurant gives you another 100 yuan? I wonder if you meant a 20% discount.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Sorry, it should be "a 200-yuan discount". I added 1000 yuan the other day, and later I had 1200 yuan in my account.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Normally a discount is money taken off the price of something. You put 1000 yuan in your account, and they kicked in an additional 200 yuan as a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.