Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
The size of my responsibilities in my recent job keeps increasing until I become responsible for not only marketing but also digital transformation. This was because I was up to each responsibility the management assigned it to me. Along with that I know how to make my team like/love me and do their best to do their job and satisfy me. I am always flexible with them unless it is needed to not to be flexible/ to be firm in some situations.

For some responsibilities, we assigned the
responsibilities
to specialized agencies that have hands-on experience in the subject matter field but it was under my supervision and the performance were managed by us, an example of that is the customer experience.

One of my believes that I learnt from my earlier employer was that customer experience strategies matter and it is the dividing line on what drives business success and that's why I applied this concept in my recent employer through all touch points for customers.

I am not disgracing my recent employer but they were lack of a high caliber who has best practices, benchmarks, and with international exposure.

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[STRIKE]The size of my[/STRIKE] Responsibilities in my recent job increased until I managed not only marketing but also digital transformation. This was because I was up to each responsibility I was assigned [STRIKE]it to me[/STRIKE]. Along with that, I know how to make my team [STRIKE]like/love me and[/STRIKE] do their best. [STRIKE]to do their job and satisfy me. I am always flexible with them unless it is needed to not to be flexible/ to be firm in some situations.[/STRIKE]

We assigned some responsibilities to specialized agencies that have hands-on experience in the subject matter field, but it was under my supervision, and I monitored performance. [STRIKE]were managed by us[/STRIKE]

[New paragraph:] A
n example of that is the customer experience. [Same paragraph:] One of [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] belief that I learnt from my previous employer is that customer experience strategies matter, and it is [STRIKE]the dividing line on[/STRIKE] what drives business success. That's why I applied this concept with my recent employer through all touch points for customers.

[STRIKE]I am not disgracing my recent employer but they were lack of a high caliber who has best practices, benchmarks, and with international exposure. [/STRIKE]
Keep it simple. Keep it to the point.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Keep it simple. Keep it to the point.
Thanks Charlie.
I would like to highlight that this not an email. I am preparing for a phone interview.

I appreciate it if you can edit the full text please.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks Charlie.
I would like to highlight that this not an email. I am preparing for a phone interview.

I would appreciate it if you would edit the full text.

If it were me I would write down some brief notes to remind myself of the major points I want to cover.

Keep it simple. Don't use too many words.

You have a tendency to bite off more than you can chew. (You might want to look that up.)

Your English isn't at the level that you think it is.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
If it were me I would write down some brief notes to remind myself of the major points I want to cover.

Keep it simple. Don't use too many words.

Thanks Tarheel. I will take some notes as you advised me. But I still need your support in editing these notes that I am going to take.

"The size of my responsibilities in my recent job keeps increasing until I become responsible for not only marketing but also digital transformation. This was because I was up to each responsibility the management assigned it to me. Along with that I know how to make my team like/love me and do their best to do their job and satisfy me. I am always flexible with them unless it is needed to not to be flexible/ to be firm in some situations.

For some responsibilities, we assigned the responsibilities
to specialized agencies that have hands-on experience in the subject matter field but it was under my supervision and the performance were managed by us, an example of that is the customer experience.

One of my believes that I learnt from my earlier employer was that customer experience strategies matter and it is the dividing line on what drives business success and that's why I applied this concept in my recent employer through all touch points for customers.

I am not disgracing my recent employer but they were lack of a high caliber who has best practices, benchmarks, and with international exposure. "

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You need to reread post #2.

Responsibilities don't have size.

Don't overuse the passive voice.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
We assigned some responsibilities to specialized agencies that have hands-on experience in the [STRIKE]subject matter[/STRIKE] field, ...

One [STRIKE]of my[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]belief[/STRIKE] lesson I learnt from my previous employer...

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks Tarheel. I will take some notes as you advised me. But I still need your support in editing these notes that I am going to take.

[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]The [STRIKE]size of my[/STRIKE] responsibilities in my recent job increased until I was responsible for not only marketing but also digital transformation. [STRIKE]This was because I was up to each responsibility the management assigned it to me.[/STRIKE] Along with that, I know how to get my team to [STRIKE]like/love me and[/STRIKE] do its best [STRIKE]to do their job and satisfy me. I am always flexible with them unless it is needed to not to be flexible/ to be firm in some situations.[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]

For some responsibilities,[/STRIKE] We assigned the responsibilities to specialized agencies that have hands-on experience in the subject matter field, but it was under my supervision, and and we managed oversight. An example of that is the customer experience.

One thing I learnt from my earlier employer is that customer experience strategies matter and are [STRIKE]the dividing line on[/STRIKE] what drives business success. That's why I applied this concept [STRIKE]in my recent employer[/STRIKE] through all touch points for customers.

[STRIKE]
I am not disgracing my recent employer but they were lack of a high caliber who has best practices, benchmarks, and with international exposure. "[/STRIKE]​
I did this once. Are you sure you need it a second time?

Notes:

- Only use quotation marks when you're quoting someone. When you are, start every paragraph with a quotation mark — not just the first paragraph.

- Avoid wordiness. Be concise.

- Be careful! ONLY criticize past employers in response to direct questions about them!

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks Charlie.

That doesn't matter.

I appreciate it if you can edit the full text please.

I thought I did!
It's impossible to script a phone interview. You'll need to respond to whatever questions and comments the interviewer has.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Inspire my team and get the best out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.