Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
How do you native speakers express something like "a potential that the value of the house will increase"? In direction translation from Chinese, it is put as "the space of increasing value" (Google translates it as "appreciation space" and Microsoft Bing translates it into "room for appreciation". I am not sure they are correct.)

===================
Do you want to buy a house in this city? There doesn't seem to be a potential that the value of the house will increase in the coming years. So my suggest is: Don't buy it if the value uptick is among your expectations.

Source: English speaking practice by me.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How about:

The outlook/potential for property/house appreciation (in this city) in the near future is not good, so I wouldn't recommend buying a house for investment (at the moment).

Last edited:

GoodTaste

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Any source from original English supports your ideas?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How do you native speakers express something like "a potential that the value of the house will increase"? In direction translation from Chinese, it is put as "the space of increasing value" (Google translates it as "appreciation space" and Microsoft Bing translates it into "room for appreciation". I am not sure they are correct.)

===================
Do you want to buy a house in this city? It's unlikely that house prices here will appreciate in the near future. So my suggest is: Don't buy it if a value uptick is among your expectations.

Source: English speaking practice by me.
You're right, GoodTaste. Those translations are all a little bit off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.