Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Hi, I would appreciate if someone can help edit my email.

It has been over a year since the last time my workers step out of the dormitory. The movement restriction is getting more distressing as days go by. They want to go back to the community, enjoying their hard-earned time off and relieve themselves, but the current restriction makes them feel like living in prison.

We appreciate the government effort in preventing another Covid breakdown in the dormitory, but I think it’s too overgeneralized to treat us just like a big commercial dormitory.

First of all, our dorm is very must less crowded than apartment buildings. We only have 2 rooms that can fit a maximum of 15 people. At the moment only 11 people are staying inside.

Secondly, all of my dorm workers are fully vaccinated. Compare to apartment residents which might not be the case, how would my people carry a higher risk of getting infected (or spreading the virus to others) than people that staying in apartments? My workers even go to routine swab test every 2 weeks.

I know it’s a big ask but I would appreciate it if you can work out a plan to ease their suffering. Please send someone to come over so that we can discuss further.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, I would appreciate it if someone [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] could/would [STRIKE]help[/STRIKE] edit my email.

It has been over a year since [STRIKE]the last time[/STRIKE] my workers last stepped out of their dormitory. The [STRIKE]movement[/STRIKE] restriction on movement is getting more distressing as the days go by. They want to go back to their community, enjoy [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] their hard-earned time off and relieve themselves, but the current restriction makes them feel like they are living in a prison.

We appreciate the government's efforts [STRIKE]in preventing[/STRIKE] to prevent another Covid [STRIKE]breakdown[/STRIKE] outbreak in the dormitory, but I think it’s [STRIKE]too overgeneralized[/STRIKE] inappropriate to treat us [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] like a big commercial dormitory.

First of all, our dorm is [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]must[/STRIKE] much less crowded than an apartment building. [STRIKE]s.[/STRIKE] We [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] have only [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two rooms that can [STRIKE]fit[/STRIKE] hold a maximum of [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE] fifteen people. At the moment, only [STRIKE]11[/STRIKE] eleven people are staying [STRIKE]inside[/STRIKE] there.

Secondly, all of my dorm workers are fully vaccinated. Compared to apartment residents, [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] for whom this might not be the case, how would my people carry a higher risk of getting infected (or spreading the virus to others) than people [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]staying[/STRIKE] living in apartments? My workers even [STRIKE]go to[/STRIKE] take a routine swab test every [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two weeks.

[STRIKE]I know it’s a big ask but[/STRIKE] I would appreciate it if you can work out a plan to ease their suffering. Please send someone [STRIKE]to come[/STRIKE] over so that we can discuss this further.

See my corrections above.

With regard to the blue underlined words, you definitely need a different phrase. "To relieve themselves" means "to urinate"! I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

Yueehs

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
See my corrections above.

With regard to the blue underlined words, you definitely need a different phrase. "To relieve themselves" means "to urinate"! I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

Can I use "to relax themselves" instead?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No. Just say relax.

Status