Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Prof. Charles Clifton
The University of Auckland
New Zealand

Dear Professor Clifton,

My name is XXX XXXX, I graduated from Department of Civil Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia. I finished my bachelor program (B.Sc) in 2014 and I am currently working for Directorat of Highway Development, Ministry of Public Works and Housing of Republic of Indonesia. Currently, I am applying for Master of Earthquake Engineering programme for June 2022 intake at The University of Auckland.

As a brief background, after graduated in 2014, I worked for a company specialized in Post-Tensioning system. In 2017, I worked for a steel fabricator which was involved in 40 km elevated highway of steel box girders with main join of welding. Now I am working for Directorat of Highway Development as a Road and Bridge Analyst.

Since my bachelor studies I have always been fascinated with steel structures and mythesis topic was related to application of BIM for steel building construction. For masters studies I hope I could achieve more comprehensive knowledge in steel structures and able to conduct an analysis and design of Composite Steel Concrete Bridge, especially the multi-span continuous bridge.I have visited your research articles and found my field of interest in your previous research, associated with The New Zealand Heavy Engineering Research Association (HERA) on Steel-concrete composite bridges.

I enclose my Curriculum Vitae, I am hoping that my research or study concern is relevant to the research area in your department and you are willing to supervise my work.

I am very thankful and looking forward to your positive response.

Best Regards,

XXX XXXX

Email : [deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
As a brief background, after I graduated in 2014, I worked for a company specialized in post-tensioning systems. In 2017, I worked for a steel fabricator which was involved in a 40-km elevated highway of steel box girders project with main join of welding. Now I am working for the Directorate of Highway Development as a Road and Bridge Analyst.
I don't understand the underlined part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.