Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanKB

Are both grammatically correct?

If yes, which one will be better?

Have a look / Take a look

I would say both are correct.

I would say both are correct.

Indeed they are, but I detect a very slight difference: take suggests more effort on the part of the looker.

Example:

[Two people are sitting at a table, each reading different newspapers. One sees an article that would interest the other.]
Have a look at this.

[Two people are sitting at separate tables, at opposite ends of a room. The one who says
Take a look at this
knows that he's asking the other person to get up and walk across the room.]

b

Indeed they are, but I detect a very slight difference: take suggests more effort on the part of the looker.

Example:

[Two people are sitting at a table, each reading different newspapers. One sees an article that would interest the other.]
Have a look at this.

[Two people are sitting at separate tables, at opposite ends of a room. The one who says
Take a look at this
knows that he's asking the other person to get up and walk across the room.]

b

Thnaks for the this clarification . I uderstand thr different .

you know,
your way of teaching is sooo good, this is the first time i understand something so quick .!

thanks for your effort

Thnaks for the this clarification . I uderstand thr different .
you know,
your way of teaching is sooo good, this is the first time i understand something so quick .!

thanks for your effort

You're very kind :oops: . But don't get the idea that this is a hard and fast rule. It's quite possible, and right, to say Come here and have a look; but if instead you say Take a look you are implying the [Come here and] part. And when I talk about Come here and I'm referring to any verb that involves making a special effort; in another context, Take a look could mean [Go there and] take a look].

b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back