a former author and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all.

I am Armenian. But Mike's mistake is quite understandable. Navi is not an Armenian name as far as I know! It not my real name either.

'Navi' was an internet name I made up ages ago when I started using the net. It stayed with me.

I did understand what Mike meant though.

Respectfully,
Navi,

Sorry, I had no idea! :oops:

I never take usernames as evidence of anything! I only trust the member info (and to be fair, half the time you can't trust that either!)

Now that was impressive TDOL! That was really impressive! But you never cease to surprise me.

շնորհակալություն to you!!

No need to apologize Mike. It is quite normal. No harm done!

A 'thank you' is a 'thank you' is a 'thank you'
No matter what the language!

Respectfully,
Navi,

No need to apologize Mike. It is quite normal. No harm done!

A 'thank you' is a 'thank you' is a 'thank you'
No matter what the language!

Respectfully,
Navi,

You are a class act.

think we need a little ‘thank you’ dictionary in this thread (though Rover will Remind us that a sumple click on 'like is sufficient):

Japanese: ([FONT=&quot]ありがとう[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]ございます([/FONT]Arigatōgozaimasu)
Armenian: շնորհակալություն

Czech: děkuju
Georgian: დიდი[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]მადლობა

(I added the Georgian, because I love the Tolkienian Elvish-like alphabet)

think we need a little ‘thank you’ dictionary in this thread (though Rover will Remind us that a sumple click on 'like is sufficient):

Japanese: (ありがとう ございます(Arigatōgozaimasu)
Armenian: շնորհակալություն

Czech: děkuju
Georgian: დიდიმადლობა

(I added the Georgian, because I love the Tolkienian Elvish-like alphabet)

Wow. Georgian is beautiful. I know what I'm going to be doing all afternoon!

Now that was impressive TDOL!

Not really- we live in a world where typing "thank you Armenian" in Google steers you straight to a page. :-D

Not really- we live in a world where typing "thank you Armenian" in Google steers you straight to a page. :-D
You've destroyed the illusion! I've had a couple of 'Is there anything you don't know?' posts from ems over the last year or so. Now she knows my brilliance is just a click away.

My ignorance might have been a little misleading. Before pointing out that Navi wasn't Japanese, I put the arigatou phrase into GoogleTranslagte to check I had the right language and I then used it to translate "Thank you" into Armenian to check that the two weren't similar!

And all this time I thought ems was a guy!

There are things google cannot tell you!

Respectfully,
Navi.

And all this time I thought ems was a guy!

There are things google cannot tell you!

Respectfully,
Navi.

emsr is assuredly not a guy!

I got that from 5jj's reply but up until now I thought she was a guy. I was not sure of course. It was just an impression. I don't even know why I had that impression. In any case, it does not make a difference.

Long live emsr!

Respectfully,
Navi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back