Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To begin, this might be in the wrong section so I apologize, hopefully it can be moved.

Hello, I am educated in English through University and have semi decent writing skills, completing my Microbiology/Chemistry degree in May.

I am writing cover letters for job admissions and am having troubles addressing a specific person. I would like to letter to have more personality by conveying my message to an individual. However, many of the companies do not list names. I could address the company as I would rather not do the "to whom it may concern." I will keep searching for a name the resume will be initially read by but in the mean time I am wondering if anyone has any input.

Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To begin, this might be in the wrong section. If so, I apologize. Hopefully it can be moved.

[STRIKE]Hello,[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] was educated in English all through university and have semi-decent writing skills, [STRIKE]completing[/STRIKE] having completed my Microbiology/Chemistry degree in May.

I am writing cover letters for job [STRIKE]admissions[/STRIKE] applications and am having [STRIKE]troubles[/STRIKE] trouble addressing a specific person. I would like [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] the/my letters to have more personality (letters don't have personality) by conveying my message to an individual. However, many of the companies do not list names. I could address the letters using the company name as I would rather not do the "To whom it may concern" thing. I will keep searching for [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the name of the person the resume will be initially read by but in the meantime, I am wondering if anyone has any input.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, see my corrections above.

My first suggestion is that you phone the companies concerned and ask them for the name of the person to whom any job application should be sent. It's rare here for no name to be included in the job advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.