And after having been to our city and have an interview he would stop practicing Engl

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
My friend who was an English teacher was telling an incident to me. He had a word over the SKYPE with a person. That person was from some other state and he had to come to our place to have an interview after two weeks. His English was disastrous. That person told my friend that he would practice his English for just two weeks. Because according to him it was fine. And after having been to our city and have an interview he would stop practicing English and would start learning French. My friend was very surprised about this.

Please check my sentences.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
My friend, who was an English teacher, was telling me about an incident [STRIKE]to me[/STRIKE]. He had a chat over [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] SKYPE with a person. That person was from some other state and he had to come to our place [STRIKE]to have[/STRIKE] for an interview [STRIKE]after[/STRIKE] in two weeks' time. His English was [STRIKE]disastrous[/STRIKE] atrocious. That person told my friend that he would practice his English for just two weeks because, according to him, it was fine. And after [STRIKE]having been to our city and have an[/STRIKE] attending the interview he would stop practising English and would start learning French. My friend was very surprised about this.

Please check my sentences.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Is it wrong to say "After having been to some place"? For example "I will go to New York after having been to Massachusetts" or "I will come to your house after having been to Tom's house".

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
No, it is not wrong but this is simpler and better:

I will come to your house after going to Tom's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.