Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I'm learning how to use "be+worried" and "worry". Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Ever since my grandpa died of stroke 13 years ago, my mum has been worrying about her health. Every time she feels uncomfortable, she will associate that with stroke, for instance, when she feels dizzy, has headache, or even cramps in her fingers. She is now worried about her eyes . My dad's asked me to take my mum to hospital again because he's found her very worried. I've told them not to worry because she is fine. She will have a follow-up consultation in two weeks.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm learning how to use "be+worried" and "worry". Please check it my essay and correct any mistakes.

Ever since my grandpa died of stroke 13 years ago, my mum has been worrying about her health. Every time she feels uncomfortable, she will associate that with stroke, for instance, when she feels dizzy, has headache, or even cramps in her fingers. She is now worried about her eyes . My dad's asked me to take my mum to hospital again because he's found her very worried she was very worried. I've told them not to worry because she is fine. She will have a follow-up consultation in two weeks.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Does nobody care about the comma splice at 'stroke, for instance...'? I think I'm getting too old. :confused:
Do I need that comma?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Every time she feels uncomfortable she worries that she might be having a stroke.