Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Newscaster: The Kremlin responded to that charge just moments ago, calling it "absolutely unacceptable and inexcusable," and pointing to the U.S. bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II.
Trevor: Aw, seriously, Russia? You're gonna bring up something America did in the '40s? America's committed plenty of war crimes since then. Keep up with the times, yo.
Come with that old sh*t.
link with timecode The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Hello, all. Does the last sentence mean, "Why would you come with that old sh*t?", "old sh*t" meaning the mention of Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing?

That's how I would interpret it.

Just to let you know - those of in the UK (and probably everyone outside the US) can't view the clips you link to. The videos of that show aren't available to us.

Just to let you know - those of in the UK (and probably everyone outside the US) can't view the clips you link to. The videos of that show aren't available to us.
😲 I didn't know that. How could that be? Youtube is an international platform. That is the purpose of Youtube - to make content to watch worldwide. Especially when it's mainsteam entertainment stuff like American late-night shows.

Some channels are available only in certain countries. Every time a video is uploaded, the owner can choose their audience.

Some channels are available only in certain countries. Every time a video is uploaded, the owner can choose their audience.
I just changed "location" in my Youtube settings to the UK, and also picked the UK location on my VPN - the Trevor Noah show is still available. Are you sure it is not something wrong in your personal network settings?

This is the message I get when I click on the hyperlink:

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 17.07.50.png

I'm not using a VPN so my UK location is set. There's nothing wrong with my settings. I can access all YouTube videos that are available in the UK.

It's extremely weird. Youtube is not TV. For a US show to be unavailable in the UK, of all countries!
Maybe British internet providers (or just yours) are somehow related to TV broadcasting.

The only reason I would find reasonable for regionally blocking Youtube content is censorship, like they did with the Russian propagandist Youtube channels RT and Sputink when the war started (before they shut it down completely).

I can see it here in Mexico and tried to download it for your guys but that costs a little money and my plastic payment cards don't work down here. I'll try to post a link anyway.

It's a matter of copyright law @Ostap.
It still doesn't make sense. "The uploader" making English-speaking content blocking it for an English speaking country just loses a lot of money they would otherwise get from adds showing there.

As any user of Vkontakte will know, copyright law means next to nothing in Russia. The so-called "Russian Facebook" is chock full of copyright-infringing material.

As any user of Vkontakte will know, copyright law means next to nothing in Russia. The so-called "Russian Facebook" is chock full of copyright-infringing material.
It has nothing to do with Youtube. YT is a videosharing platform, it has automatic embedded tools preventing from copyright violations.
You said, it's a "matter of copyright law", in what way?

I can assure you that lots of content isn't available in every country. I've posted links on here before to BBC sites and been told by people in multiple countries that they can't access the content.

He cannot understand who will not understand. @Ostap.
Thread closed.

And wecome to my Ignore list @Ostap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back