Diary - I just watched a video about the benefits and drawbacks of drinking coffee.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I just watched a video about the benefits and drawbacks of drinking coffee. It mentioned that having two to four cups of coffee per day will improve our health and slower aging. I like coffee very much, but I've stopped drinking it since last year because it made my heart race every time I drank it. The video also discussed some negative impacts of caffeine, which I'd experienced. Therefore, it was great that I got rid of it; I remember I felt exhausted in the first week without drinking coffee. Now my body has completely gotten used to the change.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It will improve your health and slow aging.

"Slower" is not a verb.

I never have more than two cups in a day.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You didn't get rid of it. You stopped drinking it. There's a big difference!
😄

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I just watched a video about the benefits and drawbacks advantages and disadvantages of drinking coffee. It mentioned said that having two to four cups of coffee per day will can improve our health and slower slow the aging* process. I like coffee very much, but I've I stopped drinking it since last year because it made had started to make my heart race. every time I drank it. The video also discussed some negative impacts effects of caffeine, which I'd [already] experienced. Therefore, it was great that I got rid of it gave it up/quit it. I remember I felt exhausted in the first week without drinking coffee no full stop here but now my body has completely gotten** used to the change.
See above.

*aging (AmE) = ageing (BrE)
** gotten (AmE) = got (BrE)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You stopped drinking it because it made your heart race. (Not good.)

Some people switch to decaf because they don't want to give up coffee altogether.