Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

It's finally getting cold here these days so I've become more energetic. My mum and I decided to go to different restaurants before December because the price will goes up during that period. Since Christmas decorations has up already in most places, we can enjoy Christmas vibe earlier. The pity is she can't eat seafood anymore because of high cholesterol.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

It's finally getting cold here these days so I've become more energetic. My mum and I have decided to go to different restaurants before December because the prices will goes up during that period. Since Christmas decorations has been put up already in most places, we can enjoy the Christmas vibe earlier. The pity is It's a pity she can't eat seafood anymore because of to avoid high cholesterol.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's finally getting cold here these days so I've become more energetic. My mum and I have decided to go to try out some different restaurants before December because the price will goes prices always go up during that over the Christmas/festive period.
Since the Christmas decorations has have already been put up already in most places, we can we'll be able to enjoy the Christmas vibe earlier.
The pity is Unfortunately, she can't eat seafood anymore because of she has high cholesterol.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Can I also say "It's finally getting cold here so I'm more energetic"?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo Yes, but I'm having a hard time seeing the connection between colder weather and having more energy.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Do you mean you feel refreshed/invigorated?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
@Maybo Yes, but I'm having a hard time seeing the connection between colder weather and having more energy.
For example, in the winter I can walk for 30 minutes without feeling tired but in the summer, I feel tired after walking only 10 minutes.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Do you mean you feel refreshed/invigorated?
Maybe, I'm not sure. I don't feel much tired in the winter. I become more focused and productive.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo What about fall? The weather is perfect then -- not too hot and not too cold.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
@Maybo What about fall? The weather is perfect then -- not too hot and not too cold.
Does 18-12 degrees Celsius count as fall? The temperature here rarely drops under 10.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, that's about right, but it should be the other way around. That is, we normally put the lower number first. For example, I might say the temperature today is going to be between 12 and 18 degrees Celsius. (In Fahrenheit (our scale) that would be colder than it's been here in Charlotte since the Ice Age. 😊)