Diary - Recently, I read a piece of news article about German "red light districts".

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I read a piece of news article about German "red light districts". As I was reading, I found out the descriptions of the place had a lot of similarities with the place I lived a few years ago in Berlin. Therefore, I googled my hotel and found out that it was really located in a "red light district". No wonder the place looked far more worn out than the others and looked creepy at night. I still remember on the 31th December, I expected some people might count down on the street but I couldn't find any. I then kept googling about the place; some small violence happens occasionally but it is still a pretty safe district. Next time, I will do a deeper research about the hotel I would live in.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Quick correction (I'm at work so shouldn't be doing this!): you read a news article, or you read a piece of news, but you definitely didn't read a piece of news article.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I read a piece of news article about German "red light districts". As I was reading, I found out realized that the descriptions of the place had a lot of similarities with the place I lived hotel I stayed in a few years ago in Berlin. Therefore, I googled my the hotel and found out that it was really located in a "red light district". No wonder the place looked far more worn out run-down/seedy than the others and looked creepy at night. I still remember that was on the a 31th December (since you have not stated the year), I expected some people might count be waiting to count down on the streets but I couldn't find any. I then kept googling about the place and found that some small cases of violence happens occasionally but it is still a pretty safe district. Next time, I will do a deeper research about the hotel I would live stay in.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Recently I read a news article about red light districts in Germany.

Last edited: