Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Since my father smokes on the balcony and the smell of smoking is always attached to my clothes, I bought a clothes rack this morning to hang my clothes inside my room. My mum is worried that the clothes can't get much sunlight and that may cause mold on them. However, my room receives strong winds all year round so that's not a problem. I can finally have fragrant clothes!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Since My father smokes on the balcony and the smell of smoking smoke is always attached to on my clothes, so this morning I bought a clothes rack this morning to hang my clothes inside for my room. My mum is worried that the my clothes can't won't get much sunlight and that may cause mold on them. However, it's very windy in my room receives strong winds all year round so that's not a problem. I can finally have fragrant clothes!
See above. I'm a bit confused by the idea of strong winds in your bedroom. Don't you have windows and a door? Also, I assume your dad doesn't smoke 24/7 on the balcony so if your mum's worried, you can all put your clothes out in the fresh air when your dad's not out there.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I'm a bit confused by the idea of strong winds in your bedroom. Don't you have windows and a door?
It's very humid in summer so sometimes the clothes might have a mold odor if hanged inside the room.

I assume your dad doesn't smoke 24/7 on the balcony
:ROFLMAO:He smokes about every 30 minutes so I don't bother to take my clothes out. I can do it when he sleeps, but he wakes up quite frequently at night to smoke so I don't bother to do so either.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's very humid in summer so sometimes the clothes might have a mold odor if HUNG inside MY room.

:ROFLMAO:He smokes about every 30 minutes so I don't bother to take my clothes out. I COULD do it WHILE HE'S SLEEPING, but he wakes up quite frequently at night to smoke so I don't bother to do IT THEN either.
I will probably say they smell moldy, but "mold odor" is not terrible.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
What's the meaning of "then"?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
OK. I have never heard of a windy room before. 😊

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
:ROFLMAO:He smokes about every 30 minutes so I don't bother to take my clothes out. I can do it when he sleeps, but he wakes up quite frequently at night to smoke so I don't bother to do so either.
Say:

I could do it while he's sleeping, but he wakes up frequently at night to smoke, so I don't bother to do it then either.

The word "then" refers to "while he's sleeping".