Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi, everyone. By 'human labor', I mean 'drivers'. I mean businesses don't need to spend money hiring drivers anymore. Is 'human labor' correct?
Also, do you think the bold part is very wordy?

Using driverless cars creates a great advantage for businesses because they can devote the money they saved from
human labor to doing more/to more? innovative things to create more value for their customers.

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, everyone. By 'human labor', I mean 'drivers'. I mean businesses don't need to spend money hiring drivers anymore. Is 'human labor' correct?

Auto makers don't use animal labor, so "human" isn't needed.

Also, do you think the bold part is very wordy?

Yes, it was. I fixed it.

Using driverless cars creates a great advantage for businesses because they can devote the money they
save on labor to [STRIKE]doing more/to more? innovative things to[/STRIKE] create more value for their customers.
As is often pointed out, jobless people aren't great customers.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Using driverless cars creates a great advantage for businesses because they can devote the money they save on labor to create more value for their customers.
Thank you, Charlie. But in my humble opinion, the red part is a little bit abstract. Do you think this new version good style?

Using driverless cars will create a great advantage for companies because they will be able to devote the money they will save on labor to improve other aspects of the business/the businesses?.
(This time I used the future tense because you guys said in another thread that driverless cars haven't arrived yet. So many 'will'! Is this okay?)

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you, Charlie. But in my humble opinion, the red part is a little bit abstract. Do you think this new version good style?

Yes. It's natural to use the word labor when discussing the workforce.

Using driverless cars will create a great advantage for companies because they will be able to devote the money they will save on labor to improve other aspects of their [STRIKE]business/the[/STRIKE] businesses?.

They won't necessarily invest more in the business. The money might just add to their profits. The purpose of a business is to make money.

(This time I used the future tense because you guys said in another thread that driverless cars haven't arrived yet. So many 'will'! Is this okay?)

Yes.
It's coming along!

Status
Not open for further replies.