Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I would like to check whether some sentences proposed by AI ChatGPT's are really correct and reflect what English speakers normally say. Can you have a look at them?
  1. "Enjoyment is the art of perceiving each moment as a gift."
  2. "All of life is in the details that we know how to enjoy."
  3. "The feeling of enjoyment is like a melody played by the heart."
  4. "When we know how to enjoy simple things, life truly becomes rich."
  5. "Happiness is not in having everything, but in knowing how to enjoy everything that is."
  6. "Enjoying life is an art that reveals its beauty with every breath."
  7. "Losing oneself in the moment of enjoyment is to feel the taste of true freedom."
  8. "To forget oneself in the moment of enjoyment is to hear the silence and the opportunity to listen to oneself."
  9. "The most beautiful thing about enjoyment is the realization that the moment is beautiful right now."
  10. "Enjoyment is like a spell, turning the ordinary into magic."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I find all the sentences natural except for #2.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It depends what you mean by "normally". I've never said anything approaching any of those sentences in my entire life and I doubt I would. They're all rather flowery and poetic. They don't reflect standard, everyday casual speech. However, they're all grammatically correct.

henrytaylor

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would like to check whether some sentences proposed by AI ChatGPT's are really correct and reflect what English speakers normally say. Can you have a look at them?
  1. "Enjoyment is the art of perceiving each moment as a gift."
  2. "All of life is in the details that we know how to enjoy."
  3. "The feeling of enjoyment is like a melody played by the heart."
  4. "When we know how to enjoy simple things, life truly becomes rich."
  5. "Happiness is not in having everything, but in knowing how to enjoy everything that is."
  6. "Enjoying life is an art that reveals its beauty with every breath."
  7. "Losing oneself in the moment of enjoyment is to feel the taste of true freedom."
  8. "To forget oneself in the moment of enjoyment is to hear the silence and the opportunity to listen to oneself."
  9. "The most beautiful thing about enjoyment is the realization that the moment is beautiful right now."
  10. "Enjoyment is like a spell, turning the ordinary art into magic."
It's better to try to write by yourself. Pour your mind into a document, and then give chatgpt a prompt. Correct ''your writing''. This way, you will get the desired answer.

Not a teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's better to try to write by yourself. Pour your mind into a document, and then give ChatGPT a prompt. Correct "your writing". This way, you will get the desired answer.
Welcome to the forum, @henrytaylor.

I don't understand what you mean by the two underlined parts.
Please make sure you capitalise brand names correctly. Please use the standard quotation marks key, not two apostrophes. It's important that native English speakers set a good example for the learners on the forum.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, @henrytaylor.
Yes, indeed – we're always pleased to welcome new members who are native English-speakers willing to help in Ask a Teacher. However, our rules state that if you are not a teacher you have to say so in every post. I've done it for you this time. When you've made ten posts you'll be able to put it in your signature line. You'll see that many other members have already done this.

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
It's better to try to write by yourself. Pour your mind into a document, and then give chatgpt a prompt. Correct ''your writing''. This way, you will get the desired answer.

Not a teacher.

Not a teacher.
It appears to be confusing. I have taken an extract from Washington Post and asked AI to check it. Here is the result.
By contrast, the number of documents that were shared on the Discord server numbered in the hundreds, but they disclosed classified military assessments prepared for Milley that were only a month or two old and still operationally sensitive.

Your sentence is clear, but here's a slight refinement:
"By contrast, the number of documents shared on the Discord server was in the hundreds, yet they disclosed classified military assessments prepared for Milley that were only a month or two old and still operationally sensitive."
Changes made:

1. Replaced "numbered" with "was" for smoother flow.
  2. Made some minor adjustments for clarity and readability.