Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
1) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain has been forecast.
2) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
3) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
4) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I check the roof every time rain is forecast.

Which are correct?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
1) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain has been forecast.
2) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
3) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
4) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I check the roof every time rain is forecast.

Which are correct?
I think #1, #2 and #4 are possible.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd open with "We've had issues with the roof ...". Also, I probably wouldn't start the second sentence with "Ever since". I'd say "Now I check the roof whenever rain is forecast".