Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there, could you please proofread the following text? Any help will be appreciated.

An hour or so after dawn, Lili led the party of humans away from the herd. Moogh watched them leave from the top of the hill they had camped on, looking a little sad. When they passed out of sight, Moogh returned to his herd and began leading them to a new greener pasture. Moogh would never forget his friend Yang, or his family.

Weifeng helped Lanhua complete the carving of the block of jade by removing most of the excess, leaving Lanhua to do the finer details. Now, bar the smoothing and polishing, it was complete. Weifeng showed Lanhua how to use the polishing compounds. Some were made by her father and some by her husband, Laohu.

The journey back to the village was much shorter; Lili had calculated a more direct route by using a crude map she had made on the forward journey, crude, but very detailed. The way forward had not been hampered by a lot of hunting; they had eaten mostly jerky and hardtack, but though they now took more time for hunting on the return journey they still made good time. After a week of travel, Lili told Jingying. “I estimate we are just three days from home”.

Jingying, smiled, her eyes though weary, brightened. “Yes, I can see the mountains that circle our land in the distance. Well, to be honest, I didn’t know until you spoke that they were our mountains”.

Hi there, could you please proofread the following text? Any help will be appreciated.

An hour or so after dawn, Lili led the party of [STRIKE]humans[/STRIKE] men away from the herd. Moogh watched them leave from the top of the hill they had camped on, looking a little sad. When they passed out of sight, Moogh returned to his herd and began leading them to a new greener pasture. Moogh would never forget his friend Yang, or his family.

Weifeng helped Lanhua complete the carving of the block of jade by removing most of the excess, leaving Lanhua to do the finer details. Now, barring the smoothing and polishing, it was complete. Weifeng showed Lanhua how to use the polishing compounds. Some were made by her father and some by her husband, Laohu.

The journey back to the village was much shorter; Lili had calculated a more direct route by using a crude map she had made on the forward (outbound) journey, crude, but very detailed. The way forward had not been hampered by a lot of hunting; they had eaten mostly jerky and hardtack, but though they now took more time for hunting on the return journey they still made good [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE] progress. After a week of travel, Lili told Jingying. “I estimate we are just three days from home”.

Jingying, smiled, her eyes, though weary, brightened. “Yes, I can see the mountains that circle our land in the distance. Well, to be honest, I didn’t know until you spoke that they were our mountains”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back