Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help to simplify and correct the below ethics in my writing. Many Thanks

Engineering ethics are the rules and standards that professional engineers use to regulate their behavior and dictate their behavior in their professional career.

Government and private enterprises invest billions of dollars a year into the construction of a project. When the lack of engineering ethics and professional ethics, that lead to serious consequences for the community as a whole and for individuals within it. Therefore, the importance of engineering ethics and professional ethics is not lower than the engineering profession.

In December 2000, I was required to undertake a mandatory training (Ethics and Business Practices Training) when I was working at ABC company.

The training included company code of ethics, foreign corrupt practices act, prevention of bribery ordinance, conflict of interest, business gift, entertainment, licensed software, confidentially agreement, purchasing practices, antitrust, management commitment. After the training, I had chiseled the ethical principles in my mind and always reminded myself to follow-up the principles into all my employed company.

In my current company of XYZ is strongly committed to observe high standards of governance and integrity in all aspects of its business and to ensure its affairs are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

Our company policy and procedures apply to all directors, officers and employees regarding accepting the advantage include rewards, money, gifts, entertainment expenses, etc from consultants, sub-contractors, joint venture partners, seconded staff, agents, sponsors, and all other contractual counterparties.

Employees must seek approval from department head for the received business gifts or entertainment and employees must, where accepting the advantage valued over US100., report to Human Resources via line manager immediately using the form of “report on advantage received”. Any breach of this policy will render you liable to summary dismissal and a report may be made to the independent commission against corruption and other relevant law enforcement and anti-corruption bodies.

I am bear firmly in mind about this policy and I must not take up any outside employment that may lead to the conflict of interest with the company.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

When shoddy constructiion methods result in an unsafe structure, that can result in adverse consequences for the community as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.