I’m terribly sorry but I accidentally erased information stored on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulipflower

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]As the head of the department is apologizing to his colleague, which option is the most natural in this situation?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Situation 10)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] You work in a small department of a large office. You have worked there for a number of years and you are the head of the department. Last weekend you borrowed a co-worker’s portable computer because you had a lot of extra work to do and were going out of town. However, you accidentally erased some important information that was stored on the computer. It is Monday morning and you see your co-worker.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’m terribly sorry but I accidentally erased information stored on your computer. I really apologize to you for my carelessness. Do you have a backup copy of that?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]b) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’m terribly sorry. I erased some information on the computer.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]c) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’ve got some bad news for you. I accidentally erased some stuff on your hard drive. I’m really sorry. Did you have a back-up copy?[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]d) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I erased some information on your laptop. It was my fault. Can you forgive me?[/FONT]​

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
They are all natural.

Please remind us why you are posting this series of questions.

tulipflower

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
They are all natural.

Please remind us why you are posting this series of questions.

I'm doing a research on dynamic assessment of pragmatic competence. I'm going to teach different strategies of making a request and apologizing using these tests adapted from Hudson, Detmour and Brown (1995).

Last edited:

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In this context, it seems more natural to me to use 'deleted' in place of 'erased'.

Status
Not open for further replies.