Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
I need a your help. Please check my sentences for errors and correct them.

I had booked flight ticket on 11-03-2022 for flight DEL/KUL/LHR 01 MAY and arriving London 02 May. I have received email that my flight from Kul to Lhr had been cancelled and airline rescheduled me new flight without my permission, which is 14 hours later than my original schedule flight. I had contacted numerous times to airlines as this flight is not convenient for
my job and over 17 hours layover at the KUL Airport but no luck and airline staff/call centre were not helpful. I went to Malaysian airlines Nepal office and spoke to staff but they are not helpful and don't want to know. I had no other option than traveling to new scheduled flight(one day later than original booked flight) when I arrived at Kul airport and spoke to duty manager that I have got now over 17 hours transit here and I expect some kind of hotel or lounge to rest as airlines has cancelled flight and rebooked this new flight but he is not helpful and he told me that its not his problem and asked me to find hotel and pay from my pocket. I had tried to booked hotel at the Kul airport it was very expensive and not fully booked at the time as it was Eid festival. I took a taxi and went to city centre to find hotel. I had tried over 40 different hotel by walking each and every hotel in the city but no luck as Eid festival and fully booked. It was 34 degree temperature at the time.i had to go to different city and finally I managed to find accommodation which was very expensive.

I had to pay fortune for taxi/accomodation and spend hours on that hot boiling day walking to find accommodation. I am in trouble now from my employer as Iam 1 day late for my work due to new flight. It was so stressful journey. I was badly ill when I got back here due to all those hassle. very poor customer service. I will never fly with this airline again.

Now I look for full full refund for my expenses for taxi,hotel, lost of income, stress and bad reputation at work.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
As you are claiming for compensation for stress, and not just a refund, you should get a lawyer to write the letter as these are legal issues.

bhatt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
As you are claiming for compensation for stress, and not just a refund, you should get a lawyer to write the letter as these are legal issues.
Thank you for your reply. Now I have amended to refund from compensation. Thank you for your help and waiting to hear from you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I need a (no article here) your help. Please check my sentences for errors and correct them.

I had booked a flight ticket on 11-03-2022, for flight travelling DEL/KUL/LHR, departing on 01 MAY 1st May and arriving in London on 02 2nd May. I have received an email advising that that my flight from Kul KUL to Lhr LHR had been cancelled and that the airline had rescheduled booked me on a new flight without my permission. which The new flight is 14 hours later than my original scheduled flight.

I had have contacted the airline numerous times to airlines as this flight is not convenient for my job me due to work commitments, and over the 17-hours layover at the KUL Airport but no luck and the airline staff/call centre were not helpful.

I went to the Malaysian Airlines Nepal office and spoke to the staff but they are were not helpful. and don't want to know. I had no other option than traveling to but to accept the new scheduled flight space here (one day later than my original booked flight). When I arrived at Kul KUL, airport and I spoke to the duty manager, explaining that I have got now had over 17 hours in transit here and I expected some kind of hotel or lounge to be provided to so that I could rest. I believed I should be entitled to this as because the airlines airline has had cancelled my original flight and rebooked this new flight me without my permission, but he is was not helpful. and He told me that its not it wasn't his problem and asked me to that I should find a hotel and pay from my pocket for it myself. I had tried to booked book a hotel at the Kul KUL Airport but it was very expensive (and although it was not fully booked). at the time as it was Eid festival. I took a taxi and went to the city centre to find a hotel. I had tried walked, in temperatures of over 30 degrees, to over 40 different hotels by walking each and every hotel in the city but I had no luck as it was Eid festival and they were all fully booked. It was 34 degree temperature at the time. In the end, I had to go to a different city and finally I where I finally managed to find accommodation which was very expensive.

I had to pay a fortune for taxis and accommodation, and spend I spent hours on that hot boiling day walking in 34 degrees to find accommodation.

I am in trouble now from with my employer as I space here am 1 a day late for my work due to the new flight. It was so a very stressful journey. I was badly ill when I got back here due to all those the hassle. I experienced very poor customer service and I will never fly with this airline again.

Now I look for I am now seeking a full full refund for my expenses for the taxi, space here the hotel, lost loss of income, stress and bad the detrimental effect on my reputation at work.

Please see my changes above. You certainly need to work on your use of articles. I'm slightly confused by the part about the hotel at Kuala Lumpur airport. You said it wasn't fully booked. I don't understand why you didn't stay there.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
A small point @bhatt: those three letter IATA airport codes are always written in all caps. London Heathrow is LHR, not lhr.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A small point @bhatt: those three letter IATA airport codes are always written in all caps. London Heathrow is LHR, not lhr.
That's why I corrected every one of them in my long response (post #4). It would be nice to see either a Like or a Thanks from bhatt for my hard work in that post!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Changing compensation to refund does not change the nature of the letter- this is litigation, which is the area for lawyers. What's the refund for work problems caused by the delay?

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
@bhatt

Please use the Thank button rather than posting a thank you note.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Emsr2d2 continues to amaze me. She should get an increase in pay.
👍

Status
Not open for further replies.