Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I had an interview. They offered me a sales role although I am working in marketing. They gave me sometime to think about it.

I initially accepted that but want to know what is the best said in such a situation.

My suggestion:

Option 1: I initially accepted the offer but still want to know what the title is and to whom I will report.

Option 2: I initially accepted to work in sales but I still look forward to knowing what the title is and to whom I will report.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I had an interview. They offered me a sales role [STRIKE]although[/STRIKE] even though I am currently working in marketing. They gave me some time to think about it.

I initially accepted [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it but want to know what is the best [STRIKE]said[/STRIKE] thing to say in such a situation.

My suggestions:

Option 1: I initially accepted the offer but still want to know what the exact job title is and to whom I will report.

Option 2: I initially accepted [STRIKE]to work[/STRIKE] the offer of a position in sales but I still [STRIKE]look forward to knowing[/STRIKE] need to know what the exact job title is and to whom I will report.

Note my corrections above. Are you saying that they offered you a job, you accepted and then they said you could have some time to think about it? That's quite unusual. If that's not the case and they simply offered it to you and said you could have some time to think about it, then you haven't accepted the job offer at all.

Do you know what the job they've offered you entails? If so, why do you need to know the actual job title? And what difference does it make who you will report to?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you had accepted the offer then I would think they would have already told you those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.