Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is it natural to say "I was once a victim of Chinglish and I don't want to learn Chinglish anymore". Here's the context:

Before I knew our forum I wrote down many sentences and words in some Chinese-English dictionaries. I noticed that in those dictionaries, there were some editors who are native speakers. Also, I wrote phrases in some websites helping people learning "natural" English but later when I met teachers here, they told me those sentences were Chinglish.

Now, I'll only seek help from native speakers of English (teachers especially) and my friend asked why I always try to be harsh on myself (a quick look in some Chinese websites can provide you the answers about your English questions but it's not easy to ask questions here (slow network, for example) and I said the italic sentence.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is it natural to say "I was once a victim of Chinglish and I don't want to learn Chinglish anymore"?
Not really. Try: I want to learn natural English instead of Chinglish.

Before I [STRIKE]knew our[/STRIKE] joined this forum, I wrote down many sentences and words [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] from some Chinese-English dictionaries. I noticed that [STRIKE]in those dictionaries, there were[/STRIKE] some of the editors [STRIKE]who are[/STRIKE] were native speakers. Also, I wrote phrases [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] from some websites which claimed to be helping people learn [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] "natural" English, but later, [STRIKE]when I met[/STRIKE] teachers [STRIKE]here, they[/STRIKE] told me those sentences were Chinglish.

Now, I'll only seek help from native speakers of English (teachers especially), [STRIKE]and my[/STRIKE] but one friend asked why I [STRIKE]always try to be harsh on myself (a quick look in[/STRIKE] don't just check out some Chinese websites which can provide [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] the answers [STRIKE]about your[/STRIKE] for my English questions. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] However, it's not always easy to ask questions here (slow network, for example), [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] so I said the italic sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.