Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
This morning at 3 am I woke up from my dream. In my dream I dreamed of my grandparents. We waited for them coming home but they didn't and we couldn't get through the phone call. I was worred in my dream and the whole family were waiting anxiously and calling to find them. Later they came back and I woke up crying. I wrote "I woke up from my dream crying because I thought my grandparents were missing."

I wonder if it's natural.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This morning at 3 am I woke up from [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] a dream [STRIKE]. In my dream I dreamed of[/STRIKE] about my grandparents. [STRIKE]We[/STRIKE] My family [STRIKE]waited[/STRIKE] were waiting for them [STRIKE]coming[/STRIKE] to come home, but they didn't and we couldn't get through to them on the phone. [STRIKE]call.[/STRIKE]

In my dream, I was worried [STRIKE]in my dream[/STRIKE] and the whole family were waiting anxiously and calling to try and find them. [STRIKE]Later[/STRIKE] They finally came [STRIKE]back[/STRIKE] home and I woke up crying. I wrote "I woke up from my dream crying because I thought my grandparents were missing."

I wonder if it's natural.

Your italic sentence is OK but it doesn't fit with the final part of your dream. In the dream, your grandparents had turned up so you didn't think they were missing any more. If they had still been missing when you woke up, the italic sentence would be OK. With the situation as it is, it would make more sense to say that you woke up crying with relief because your grandparents had come home safely.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I appreciate your corrections, emsr2d2. Yes. Thanks a lot for your perfect understanding and explanation.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I woke up from my dream crying because I'd thought my grandparents were missing.
It's possible their return was so near the end of the dream that it hadn't registered, so you were still crying/upset when you woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.