Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello!

I'm planning to take the IELTS exam in October. I would appreciate if you check my letters.
I want to enhance my English skills. Thank you for your help in avdance.

So, my task is a letter of complaint:

Work is being done on the street where you live. The noise is disturbing you.

Write a letter of complaint to your local council. In your letter:
- introduce yourself,
- explain what the problem is,
- suggest solutions to the problem.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my concern about daily noise on the street where I live.

My name is Natalia Stupak and my family have been renting for two years an appartment in a multi-storey house in the Morton street.
Several days ago I noticed the huge roadworks to next my windows and loud sounds due to this actions. I have a small baby and this noise has negative impact on our daily routine. My son cannot sleep and he always is crying. I visited my family doctor and she confirmed that loud sounds from the works could trigger our health problems including my insomnia.

I would be grateful if you could consider the situation connected with daily noise. The ideal solution would reduce work hours and do roadworks from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. I believe this matter deserves your attention.

Please let me know as soon as possible what actions you propose to take.

Yours faithfully,
Natalia Stupak

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Natalia, and welcome to the forum. :)

Hello!

I'm planning to take the IELTS exam in October. I would appreciate it if you could check my letter.

I want to enhance my English skills. Thank you for your help in advance.

So, my task is a letter of complaint:

Work is being done on the street where you live. The noise is disturbing you.

Write a letter of complaint to your local council. In your letter:
- introduce yourself,
- explain what the problem is,
- suggest solutions to the problem.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to [STRIKE]express my concern[/STRIKE] complain about the daily noise on the street where I live.

My name is Natalia Stupak, and my family [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has been renting [STRIKE]for two years[/STRIKE] an apartment for the past two years in a multi-storey house in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Morton street.

Several days ago, [STRIKE]I noticed the huge[/STRIKE] the council started major roadworks near our building [STRIKE]to next my windows[/STRIKE] and the loud noise has been unbearable. [STRIKE]sounds due to this actions.[/STRIKE] I have a [STRIKE]small[/STRIKE] young baby, and this noise has [STRIKE]negative[/STRIKE] impacted [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] every aspect of our daily routine. My son cannot sleep, and he is always [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] crying because of the noise. I visited my family doctor, and she confirmed that loud sounds from the roadworks could trigger [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] various health problems, including my insomnia.

This situation is totally unacceptable, and I would urge you to do something about the noise. [STRIKE]be grateful if you could consider the situation connected with daily noise. The ideal solution would reduce work hours and do[/STRIKE] Moreover, the law stiplates that any such roadworks can only be carried out between [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] 8 a.m. [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] and 6 p.m., not at arbitrary hours as has been the case. [STRIKE]I believe this matter deserves your attention.[/STRIKE]

Please let me know as soon as possible what actions you propose to take.

Yours faithfully,

Natalia Stupak

Status
Not open for further replies.