Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

Carol and I agreed to meet at 2 pm last Wednesday. I was late because the something urgent came up. When I was about to arrive within 10 minutes, I texted her "I'll be arriving within 10 minutes".

I wonder if the sentence is natural.

P.S.: I'm sorry about the last thread "Job in the restaurant". I needed to give a reply to someone who asked me the question, so I turned to WR. No offense, mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

Carol and I agreed to meet at 2pm last Wednesday. I was late because [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] something urgent came up. When I was about [STRIKE]to arrive within[/STRIKE] 10 minutes away, I texted her "I'll be arriving within 10 minutes".

I wonder if the sentence is natural.

P.S.: I'm sorry about the last thread "Job in the restaurant". I needed to give a reply to someone who asked me the question, so I turned to WR. No offense, mods.

It's OK.

Note my corrections above. It would be more natural as "I'll be there in about ten minutes" or "I'll be there in just under ten minutes". We don't tend to say "I'll be arriving" when we're talking to our friends. It sounds quite formal.

I think I'll be arriving in ten minutes works better, as it is a more exact time. I am not sure the verb works as well with within here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back