Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
(not a homework)
1. In t__ __ __l, Jennifer spent almost all night to prepare for her project. (total, trail, tidal, trail)
2. Linda’s plans for a picnic have been fallen to __ __ __ __ __ __ because of the weather. (ground)
I've been thinking of the possible words for days but I'm not sure. Can you help me?

Where did you find these questions?

I'm pretty sure that you can work out #1.
#2 doesn't make any sense to me as it stands. Are you sure the word "been" was in the original? And why is the word "ground" in brackets at the end?

Edit: Ah, I think I've worked it out. Are the words in brackets the words you have thought of so far? If so, "ground" is wrong. There is a phrase "to fall to ------", meaning "to disintegrate". Have you looked for idioms or similar with "to fall to" in?

I am not a teacher but I would say, "Linda called off her picknic on account of the bad weather."

The sentence "picnic have been fallen to the ground because of the weather" seems like an attempt to translate a steady phrase used in a foreign language into English which often does not work at all but I may be wrong.

Even though "total" is the only one that works, it's not appropriate.
If she worked all night, she worked all night.
If she worked on it over the course of a week, then you might say "In total, she worked 12 hours on it."

Ah, that one.
I had it, but I threw it away many years ago.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back