[General] Is it possible to extend your working time here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Last night in my English club, my friends and I met a woman from Beijing. She's on her business trip here and will soon leave our city.

We talked with each other warmly, and we like her so much because she's outgoing and nice. We don't want her to leave so finally I asked her a question "Is it possible to extend your working time here? We want you to stay longer."

I wonder if you help me to make the italic sentence natural.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Last night in my English club, my friends and I met a woman from Beijing. She's on [STRIKE]her[/STRIKE] a business trip here and will soon leave our city.

We talked with each other warmly, and we like her [STRIKE]so much[/STRIKE] a lot because she's outgoing and nice. We don't want her to leave so [STRIKE]finally[/STRIKE] I asked her [STRIKE]a question[/STRIKE] "Is it possible to extend your working time here? We want you to stay longer."

I wonder if you can/could help me to make the italic sentence natural.

It's very formal for me (that might be a cultural thing). I'd say "You're great! Any chance you can stay longer?"

If you need to keep a formal version, I would remove "working" from your question but the rest is OK.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Could you extend your stay here to be with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.